Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Grumpy Husband.  (Read 11641 times)

Linsey44

Re: Grumpy Husband.
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 09:51:08 PM »

So much for me thinking my hubby would be ok, maybe he will be a grumpy old man of the future.

Was it the case that in their 40's they had a mid life crisis before resigning themselves to the fact they are getting older and there is nothing they can do about it, hence their older grimpy status now.

My father is getting so cantankerous (apologies for spelling!!) didnt seem to click anything with him when several of us got him birthday cards with victor meldrew / old git comparisons.

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 10:20:05 PM »

Can only speak for mine but he was fine when he was younger.

Look what you've got to look forward to  ;D

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 09:50:57 AM »

Like Honeyb says, mine was fine when he was younger, well till now really.
He's going to be 69 in September, he's been much worse this year.

I have just listened to a diatribe about some wire strippers, they are from China and c--p, it's like it's my fault.  ::) I really think it's a shame they don't work, but I didn't do it.......

Linsey, when it happens, and it probably will, welcome to our world

thorntrees

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 10:24:20 AM »

Yep!, my DH is getting very grumpy. Mind you as DDsays he's always been a bit that way. Since he retired he seems to feel he's an expert on everything domestic- after  40 odd years it seems as I've been doing it all wrong!! As Honeybun says you need lots of patience and counting to ten. He comments on everything on TV, and he's always right and he irritates me by reading out  things on his laptop when I'm trying to read or knit etc.Don't get me started about  wanting to do things the same time every day-meals, bedtime , getting up ( he was in the military, so used to a routine). However, whilst he might be a grump he's my grump and I love him to bits- if I'm honest I'm probably hard to live with at times- so we don't spoil another pair!! He's just suggested we go out to lunch so I'll keep him a bit longer.☺
Thorntrees

Linsey44

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »

They all sound a nightmare.  ;D probably not be laughing when its my turn.

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 12:39:12 PM »

Oh the TV and the news papers all get shouted at. I'm lucky if I get to watch the news at all when he gets started.
As for tools not working or things being poorely made  ;D, oh yes I get that.

Oh they are fun aren't they, unlike us who are mostly perfect  ;)

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 07:37:24 PM »

I'm the 1 that shouts at the TV in this house  ;D ……… however, when men have been 'useful' in the workplace and find they have time on their hands, they can go into a kind of depression or 'take over' chores around the house.  I handed over the hooverythingy to DH as soon as he retired, well not that week but quite soon after.  He doesn't know any of the laundry techniques (thought is capable), other chores we share …………. as neither is tidy it's OK, I don't need to nag him to hoover etc..  He cooks.  We share the garden.

I am not the sort of person to hold my tongue though, if I get 'told' I let rip back.  I would be worried if mine started falling asleep routinely because there may be underlying causes.  We both drop off in front of the TV, DH usually 'cos he's had 2 bottles of cider or half a bottle of wine  ::)

? what's a wire stripper …….

bramble

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 08:04:54 PM »

Wire stripper - a tool similar to a pair of pliers except the jaws don't quite meet. Used for stripping the insulation off a piece of wire leaving the bare copper wire.

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 09:14:53 PM »

My hubby has been able to sleep any where for the past 30 years so I'm not worried about that at all  ::)

A friend of mine has a hubby who is ten times worse with regards to sleeping. He does it everywhere including pubs, parties the cinema.....and so on it goes. She wont let him sit down at a party. It's very funny to watch.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2014, 10:04:43 AM »

Wire stripper - a tool similar to a pair of pliers except the jaws don't quite meet. Used for stripping the insulation off a piece of wire leaving the bare copper wire.

Thanks Bramble, I hadn't noticed CLKDs question.

He ended up using an old pair of kitchen scissors, which strangely enough have wire strippers incorporated in the middle.

catlady

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2014, 07:40:31 AM »

I too have a grumpy OH.    Mine has gotten  worse when he drives
for some reason.   He shouts at other drivers to get out of the way  usually with a
few swear words thrown in   :o
He used to be so calm and easy going.  He's the same in the supermarket if anyone's
in the way with their trolley,  I'm calmer than him now  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2014, 09:07:55 AM »

Mine is grumpy if I get out of bed for breakfast rather than  :bed:  :(

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2014, 09:09:58 AM »

Perhaps he could make it more interesting and you would be more likely to have a pre-breakfast  :bed: !

Taz x  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2014, 09:11:34 AM »

It's only when I mention it's breakfast time that ………….  and I know it will be another hour before I can get to my cuppa and toast  ::) - by which time?

Taz2

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2014, 09:28:39 AM »

So... don't  mention breakfast.. just get out of bed and head for the door!!

Taz x  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3