Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Grumpy Husband.  (Read 11696 times)

honeybun

Grumpy Husband.
« on: August 14, 2014, 06:02:52 PM »

Anyone else got one......Grumpy, absent minded, impatient and sleeps at the drop of a hat.

He is getting worse, seems to live in a little world of his own. No patience with anything....including himself.
Now I know he is getting older but heavens above.

Please tell me I'm not alone.....I wish he could have some of my patches. It might make him easier to live with  :P

Honeyb
x

Rowan

Re: Grumpy Husband.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »

You know you are not alone HB.

I am having grumpy OH problems too ( though he does not sleep at the drop of a hat) still awake at one in the morning :o

Not in his good books this afternoon because I poured away about quarter an inch of beer left in the bottle, I didn't know he was saving it ::)

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »

Oh heaven's the ultimate sin  ;D

It's not just with me, he drives my daughter up the wall too. I can actually see her biting her tongue. She at least gets to go out  ;D

I am needing a huge injection of patience just to get to the end of the day.

Honeyb
x

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 07:57:35 PM »

My husband can also be a very grumpy so and so.  There are certain things that make him snappy and horrible - don't interrupt him when he is reading the paper or on the computer.  He can't talk and read - in fact like most men cannot multi task.  I notice if in am doing 6 things like making food, answering phone,  looking for something blah blah and I snap at him - God forbid but when he is doing one or two things at the same time he becomes exceptionally grumpy.  Plus if he's doing diy - always in a mood.  Plus driving - oh don't  get me started........
Yes he's a grumpy so and so,  you are not alone HB xxx

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »

Last week my OH told me how to cut up cucumber for a salad. I trained as a chef for heaven's sake.
My daughter was in the kitchen at the time and her face was a picture. I really think she expected that cucumber to end up somewhere other than the salad......She was nearly right. The amount of self control that one took  ::)

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 08:08:46 PM »

Mine's exactly the same.

I am quite tempted to prod him, and yes this is the same OH that I was really worried about earlier on this year. He falls asleep in a second then the next day gets crabby when I don't do something instantly, when he hasn't said what it is he wants

What really got me today, listening to Mahler 6 on the TV and he criticises the 1st horn player (female) saying she is bending the notes, that's how it should sound - Grrrr. I have never heard anything so well played in my life.

I'll stop ranting now.......

honeybun

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 08:14:58 PM »

Oh please don't. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one  ::)

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 08:20:24 PM »

I suspect mines getting worse................

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 08:32:25 PM »

I know mine is.

Guess it's not only woman that change as we age. Men do too without a doubt.

Honeyb
x

Linsey44

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 08:57:48 PM »

Prob a male menopause.

A male member of staff came into our all female office one day this week with a t shirt, jumper and fleece.  Oooh he says i'm hot maybe a hot flush could it be male meno he was saying aloud.  At this point i twirled around in my chair, glared at him before saying hot flushes really arent funny, if you had ever had one you would know all about it, before finishing with " and the reason men dont get them is they couldnt cope with them".

At that I just twirled back to what I was doing and left him to close his mouth that had gaped open.

As for my hubby hes early 40's, completely laid back in stark comparison to me hopefully got a while yet before he gets grumpy.

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 09:12:45 PM »

This is interesting in a grumpy old man kind of way http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/aug/05/were-grumpy-for-a-reason/

Amongst my friends they are also saying that their husbands/partners are becoming less tolerant and grumpy. It seems to me that women tend to want to start living as they get older and time's running out but a lot of men want to slow down.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 09:30:56 PM »

Mine is becoming less tolerant these days. He used to be calm. Oh & he can fall asleep to order, complete with remote control pointed at the TV.

Mind you I think I'm less tolerant these days too,so maybe not just a male thing.

honeybun

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 09:33:43 PM »

Problem is how do you tell a grumpy old man why he is grumpy without making him grumpier.
My OH would never admit to being a grumpy old sod  ::)

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 09:39:12 PM »

No, they wouldn't would they. Mine is getting so like his dad, physically & in grumpiness stakes. But then I'm getting like my mum. Heaven help us all.  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 09:40:45 PM »

Oh God, shoot me if I get like my mother  ;D

Honeyb
x
Pages: [1] 2 3