Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Burning down below back  (Read 3382 times)

edwina hughes

Burning down below back
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »

Can anyone help me with this .the vaginal burning is back !! Only goes when I sleep if I sleep .seeing consultant tomorrow scan showed no problems but a thickened linning of my womb but its been 8 weeks on tridestra .dreading what symptom next .this was the symptom that took me to the gp in may .does this come and go or is this something else ?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Burning down below back
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »

Take a list of symptoms to your appt. as well as the medication you have been using.  You may require an increase in useage for a short while.  Have you read the various threads on vaginal atrophy etc.?

edwina hughes

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »

Hi ladys. I saw the gynecologist yesterday he said all my blood test we fine but that the scan showed that the womb lining was 14 mm thick he said this was probably due to the hrt .tridestra .but I would have to under go o biopsy to rule out endometrial hyperplasia .this can't be done untill September the 2nd as he is now on holiday .:-( I have a lot of back pain but not unlike period pain. The worse symptom is the burning down below he said he would have my gp prescribe amatriptaline 10mgs to help at night .I am so exhausted with no sleep as the  burning is there all the time .it eases when I lie down or pass urine is this menopause or something else .any advice would be a great help .he also said when he takes the biopsy he will do a scrap like a d and c and fit a coil .x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 11:45:41 AM »

Hi edwina hughes
I started a thread titled "Burning Club" - try and find it.  This burning is far more common than doctors think. I think many women must be suffering in silence because it is embossing.
Apparently many ladies need local oestrogen as well as full systemic HRT.  I am using the Estring as I found all the other pessaries made me burn even more - obviously the fillers irritated.
I had a Mirena post meno and then used Oestrogel for the oestrogen - this worked well for me so could be really good for you with the problems of thickening.
AFter about 6 months of local oestrogen the burning subsided but it does return now and again particularly if I get very hot.  Like you the burning is usually ok at night (i don't sleep well either BTW) but sitting down fro any length of time makes the burning worse. I think it is a combination of VA and my urethra being squashed when I sit down.  I drink more water these days as well. It's also very important to keep the acidic balance right around the vaginal area - I use Multi-Gyn Actigel to keep things healthy down below.  You have my sympathy - the burning is truly horrid.
DG x