Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: sick with worry re breast cancer  (Read 15582 times)

Jane44

Re: sick with worry re breast cancer
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2014, 09:57:22 PM »

Agree waiting for biopsy results is so stressful my husband has bladder cancer and is awaiting biopsy results they said two weeks and that was two weeks and one day ago !! He is reluctant to ring and I am sick with worry though too scared to call either. They mentioned at biopsy that he may need bladder removal, if it has gone into the muscle I just pray that it hasn't and he can start BCG treatment which can reduce recurrence . Coupled with meno I am going crazy thanks for listening girls x

leony

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2014, 10:33:13 PM »

Sorry to say I am a smoker recently cut down trying hard to stop but when you live with some one who has PTSD it's very hard I know thats no excuse and its my own fault. Told OH about the letter he is being treated over in Scotland at the moment for his PTSD said not to worry will cross that bridge when we come to it after 40 years marriage through good and bad times know we will stick together what ever the outcome. Thanks for all the support and will let you know what happens had an appointment for the 6th but OH not back until the 8th so they said they will arrange it for the 11th of this month so hubby can come with me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2014, 02:30:56 PM »

What support is the person you live with getting for the post traumatic stress disorder?  That is the 1st issue to deal with.

Good that you will be taking your husband with you.  Make a list of worries to take along to the appt.!

tiger74

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2014, 07:15:48 PM »

BTW I accept that a small proportion of primary lung cancers are not caused by smoking but it is a small proportion. 

I am aware that not all primary lung cancers are caused by smoking tobacco, in particular I am aware of mesothelioma - especially its prevalence in my local area where a lot of people used to be employed in the railway industry and have, sadly, contracted this disease (which can affect various parts of the body) as a result of working in an environment with carcinogenic materials.  However, as per the link kindly posted by Taz2 "Around 89% of lung cancers in the UK are linked to lifestyle: 91% in males and 87% in females. The majority of these cases were caused by smoking".   

Best wishes to everyone awaiting tests and results.

leony

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2014, 09:58:07 PM »

He receives treatment from the charity Combat Stress in Scotland set up after the 1st world war they are amazing and so good to the men and women so if you see them out collecting anywhere please donate a little not many people know about them but they do have a web site if you want to look. I will take a list of questions and am not really worried as he will be with me think its just a cyst as I had 1 before but will deal with it at the time no point getting worked up.

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2014, 01:12:11 PM »

Combat Stress is a good idea and supportive of people requiring extra assistance.

Glad you are less worried  ;)

tiger74

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2014, 03:06:47 PM »

Hi Leony - just to wish you all the best for your appointment on Monday.  Hope you're able to have a good weekend in the meantime.

P.S. re: Combat Stress - great charity.  Have been aware of them for a while (I'm ex-military myself).  A friend who died of wounds sustained in Afghanistan in 2011 had it as his chosen charity "should the worst happen" so a good amount was collected at his funeral and several of his friends have raised cash since by way of sponsored events in his memory.  Good to hear that they are supporting your husband.   

leony

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 07:04:44 PM »

Thanks everyone for your support went today Doctor took 3 biopsies have to return next week to get results Hubby was with me went for coffee after and wander round shops. Was tired when I came home so fell asleep just have to wait until next week now not going to worry already have enough grey hair.

tiger74

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2014, 07:21:31 PM »

Best wishes for your appt next week, hopefully hubby or someone will be able to go with you. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:08:01 PM by tiger74 »

warwick01

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »

Hi Leony

My thoughts are with you.Let us know how you get on next week.

W

leony

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2014, 03:36:11 PM »

Went for second biopsy today this was done under x ray and was much deeper don't know what that meant but didn't hurt at all as given loads of local anastheatic sorry about spelling, sounded just like a dentists drill and when they put the saline in to wash it out felt really funny, have to go back to get the results on the 1st Sep. Still not really worried as the Doctor said she thought it was nothing as couldn't feel anything they just wanted to double check.

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2014, 05:25:01 PM »

X-ray control is often used for deep tissue investigation. 

tiger74

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »

Thanks for the update, Leony.  Fingers crossed for a good result when you go back on 1 Sept.

leony

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2014, 12:57:14 PM »

Thanks for the replies and good wishes said they couldn't go any deeper when I asked why not told they would come out the other side felt quite sorry for them shows how little i have I just laughed made me a lovely cup of tea after and a packet of biscuits.

tiger74

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2014, 01:39:04 PM »

Tea and biscuits sounds good  :)

I heard today that my latest mammogram was all OK - phew!  So I hope my good fortune today is a precursor to a good result for you too on 1 Sept.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:27:17 PM by tiger74 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5