Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Magnesium Spray  (Read 3217 times)

cheekygal

Magnesium Spray
« on: July 15, 2014, 07:46:22 PM »

I started using the transdermal magnesium a couple of months back and while I found it did calm me down and help me sleep, I found after a couple of weeks I was waking up with racing heart & really dizzy, almost like when you have low blood pressure.  I do take betablockers so maybe I was using too much of it.  Just wondered if anyone else had experience of this?

I posted on another thread that I am currently on mirtazapine, but reduced from 30mg to 15mg 3 weeks ago, up till a few days ago I was coping not too bad, but now feel worse than I did before starting them, been having internal tremors which were intermittent but for past week have been 24/7, again not sure if this is down to peri or the mirtazapine.  Just when I think I am getting better, I have a meltdown for no apparent reason, it's soooo frustrating.  Yesterday I couldn't get out of bed, today hasn't been much better  :(  xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Magnesium Spray
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 07:50:14 PM »

It's probably due to you dropping the dosage of the Mirtazapine …….. have a word with a Pharmacist?

cheekygal

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 07:58:41 PM »

It's probably due to you dropping the dosage of the Mirtazapine …….. have a word with a Pharmacist?

Even after 3 weeks?  I did miss a few days, but been taking them every night since last Monday, perhaps I have maybe messed things up a bit, stopping and starting. x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 03:39:08 PM »

Yes, because the brain takes a while to build up resistance it will take a few days before the patient begins to notice a difference.

How are you today?

cheekygal

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »

Still have the shaking/muscle twitching, I spoke to the pharmacist and she felt that that it could be the mirtazapine interacting with tramadol as they both have an effect on serotonin.  However it's difficult knowing what's a side effect and what's withdrawal or if it's meno related.  I feel like I have aged 40 years in the past 3 months, joint pain and tiredness is terrible. x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 02:49:38 PM »

The Pharmacist suggested what …………  ??? ………… I know that some ADs can cause muscle tremor ……… nuisance!  How much does it affect you, does it keep you awake?

cheekygal

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 03:13:51 PM »

It makes sense what the pharmacist said.  No doesn't keep me awake, like you say it's a nuisance x