Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sore Breasts a bit worried.  (Read 4785 times)

Anjia

Sore Breasts a bit worried.
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:03:50 AM »

I have been taking Ellesste solo 2mg for the past few years and after trying the patch which dident suit me went back to tablets.I have been feeling fine but now and again get sore breasts but this comes and goes I just put up with it.The problem is I was talking to an old friend who said this should not happen and she knew somenone who had the same problem and then developed invasive breast cancer now I am scared to death !

Joyce

Re: Sore Breasts a bit worried.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 10:31:38 AM »

Sure it's nothing. Have you checked yourself? If you're unsure make appointment with your practice nurse or GP.  These things better checked, better to be safe than sorry.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:10:44 AM »

I think sore breasts is a pretty common side effect. I know of 3 ladies who recently had treatment for breast cancer and they hadn't used HRT - they just sailed through menopause with not so much as a flush - I thought they were lucky, now I'm not so sure.  If you are on oestrogen only HRT, which I think you are, then the risks are extremely small.  Dg x

tiger74

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »

IMHO, worth a trip to the doctor and ask for a referral to a breast clinic for mammography and/or other investigations. 

However, I have had invasive breast cancer so I would say that, wouldn't I?

ellie

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »

I was on HRT for many years, and had sore breasts on and off all the time. It was all hormonal.....I took a high dose of Oil of Primrose oil and it did help a lot.
     I had regular mamagram,s  so that was reassuring.....
Now that I am not taking HRT I rarely get sore breasts.......
Hope this has reassured you. :)

Anjia

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 11:40:06 AM »

Thanks Ladies it has eased my mind now. Tiger 74 Im so sorry to here about your breast cancer and really do hope everything works out well for you. I had a mammogram this April just gone and everything was ok so I do hope that nothing has changed, if It doesent settle down I will go to my gp .

Cassie

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »

My boobs are permanently sore @ the mo particularly the right one I cannot even lie on that side and am on hrt, and go for regular mammograms, am sure its related to dem hormomes...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 12:44:21 PM »

My breast disease wasn't found on mammogram but by self examination
My breasts are sore intermittently
Have a word with your GP or a Pharamcaist for advice?

Let us know

Anjia

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 02:54:50 PM »

HI clkd I will ask but just wondering are you on HRT.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 03:28:34 PM »

Hi!  nope.  Fortunately I haven't required it.  I was given Tamoxifen after surgery but it made me ill  :-\ ……. but somedays my breasts are back-ground sore and sometimes sore to touch.

tiger74

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »

Anjia - about 12 hours ago you said you are "scared to death" having heard of people getting breast soreness and then invasive breast cancer.  You've had a clear mammogram in the past 3 months which is encouraging.  However, not all types of breast cancer are readily visible on a mammogram e.g. some lobular cancers, or indeed palpable, so...

...if your feelings of being scared to death have been alleviated by the replies you've received to this thread, all well and good, if not, your idea of a visit to your GP sounds like a good one.   

Best wishes.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 09:50:53 PM by tiger74 »

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »

I woke in the night laying face down and my R breast was very sore.  A chat with your Practice Nurse or GP as an ultra-sound scan can be arranged if necessary.  Is there a family history?

Cassie

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »

Is an ultra sound more accurate than a mammo? I usually have both, not my choice they just send me.

Anjia

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 01:45:29 PM »

I have no family history of breast cancer and after my last mammogram I also had an ultra sound scan .I will see if it gets better if not I will go to my gp but I do feel much better with all your help Thanks  x

tiger74

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 05:14:20 PM »

@Cassie - as far as I am aware it's unusual for ductal breast cancer to remain undetected by mammography (once it's sufficient size to be detected, of course) but MRI is considered the best way of detecting lobular breast cancer.  Lobular breast cancer is more unusual than ductal and MRIs are expensive hence not part of the national screening programme. 

@Anjia  - glad to hear you're feeling much better. 

For anyone who may be interested - see attached link which outlines lifetime risk of 1 in 8 for a woman in UK of developing breast cancer.  Also, a very small percentage (5%) of these cases are due to an inherited fault in one of the known breast cancer genes (i.e. family history in only relevant in a small percentage of cases)   http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/breast-awareness/am-i-risk/risk 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:20:58 PM by tiger74 »
Pages: [1] 2