Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Test for Alzheimer's  (Read 6969 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Test for Alzheimer's
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 12:34:14 PM »

…….. and yes, DH and I discussed this in bed last night and yes, he would take the test.  But we also discussed the fact that Companies would then build/buy properties in order to 'provide' dementia-type services …….. when it would be better for these services to be under the control of the NHS rather than private companies!

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 12:46:37 PM »

Well, DG, nothing foggy brained about your post! I think you are so right! So having started HRT at 59, I am now at risk of dementia? Seeing as how I had to go through hoops to get help and how most women contributing to this forum report that their GPs are reluctant to or refuse to prescribe HRT beyond the age of 60, how did they come to this conclusion? Assumptions? The fact is that the older you get, the more likely you will become ill, regardless of medication or HRT. And we will all die sooner or later!

As to stress, yes, we cannot avoid it. It is part of being alive. How we deal with stress is something that should be looked at. Many illnesses are triggered by stress. For example, my mum, a lady who desperately needs to be in control, collapsed at a funeral of a friend at the age of 66. Two friends and her brother had died within 2 weeks. The GP initially said the collapse was due to extreme bereavement, having dismissed anything more serious as her BP had been ideal throughout her life. How had she behaved before this? She and my dad had had to collect her brother's belongings. She decided to wash and iron all his clothes, sort everything out NOW. She wouldn't leave things or be kind to her self and sort things when she was calmer. She was in a state. My Dad was concerned enough to ring me up before the stroke. She is still alive 20 years later, frail and disabled, but still some quality of life. However, she is becoming more confused and now I am concerned about my Dad. Had some strange conversations with him.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 12:48:28 PM »

Cubagirl - are you 'friends' with your bro.?  Could you talk about this to see if he is aware?

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 02:01:20 PM »

Yeah we're friends but not my place to say "Hey I think you're going doolally." He's a married man with grown up kids.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 03:40:04 PM »

:-\  ……… why not point out that we as ladies have senior moments, 'Is it something men talk about between themselves?' ……. we often joke about forgetful moments between friends in the street ……. as well as DH and I  ::) ………. if he tells me something 'wrong' he explains "It was the wrong spelling"  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]