Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: GPS know nothing.  (Read 3926 times)

Scamp

GPS know nothing.
« on: July 17, 2014, 03:55:34 PM »

Hi new to this site, quick lowdown, all my life I have been ill, bad pmt chicken pox 11 times everything you can get wrong with your throat I have had it, every 2 weeks from the age of 14 hot sweats, bad mood swings heavy periods, and no one helped.  Life carried on the best I could manage depression set in thoughts of suicide, husband had affair and left me with two children, met new man been married 20 years another child. Seen numerous physiatrist had a no of tablets, some of them put me in hospital and made me worse, since weaning myself off them been a lot better, then 5 years ago the periods were coming to an end,  the night sweats all day sweats were unbearable, rashes spots, weight gain 2 stone, hair loss, lethargy, confusion, forgetfulness, leaking breasts, facial hair, and what I can only describe as labour pains.  I have seen 10 different gps ( military moved a lot) all came up with different ideas, hrt fab I thought, not, antidepressants again great, not, I have a last been diagnosed with hashimotos autoimmune disease, plus the menopause, great, tried a different hrt, I told my gp a month into the packet I felt rough, just give it time she kept saying, no I would like a tsh test, begrudgingly she took it, oh surprise shock horror levels very low, upped my thyroxine,  Why is when I say I know my body and I know when my levels are low she shrugs her shoulders in a don't give a .... Manner, also I have herpes zoster virus, which is the chicken pox virus, so when that comes out my levels drop, change in hrt my levels drop, I haven't been able to work for 5 years because of all this.  Does anyone else have hashimotos and menopause trouble, I would be grateful for any advice.
Sorry to rant, so much to get down on here.  :-\

Rowan

Re: GPS know nothing.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 05:06:44 PM »

So sorry to hear about all your problems Scamp, I do recommend a book

The Menopause Thyroid Solution: Overcome Menopause by Solving Your Hidden Thyroid Problems by Mary J Shomon

Also here is some info on it   http://thyroid.about.com/b/2009/08/20/menopause-thyroid-solution-hypothyroidism-hormones.htm

I do have an understanding about moving to many places as I have had a similar background and it was hard to get continuity with medical health when you had to change Doctors so may times.

I hope this maybe of some help.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 09:07:41 PM »

Firstly have a  :bighug:

Are you State-side?

Have you read menus, left of screen ......... and ask, ask, ask!

PMT - and your more recent hormonal problems: how is your diet over-all?  Eating regularly can help.

Will have to look up your 'condition'  ::) .......... herpes zoster can leave you prone to shingles too.

Gosh you've been through the mill!  see below ........
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:10:42 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 09:10:22 PM »

"Hashimoto's disease is a common autoimmune disorder that affects the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is located in the front part of the neck, and the hormone it produces is vital to normal metabolism.

In an autoimmune disorder like Hashimoto's disease, the body's immune system mistakenly perceives the thyroid gland as a foreign and possibly harmful element in the body and attacks it. This results in inflammation of thyroid tissue that eventually can destroy the function of the thyroid gland and lead to an underactive thyroid gland. This is called hypothyroidism. Hasimoto's disease is a common cause of hypothyroidism.

When Hashimoto's disease results in hypothyroidism, the thyroid does not produce enough thyroid hormone. A lack of thyroid hormone results in a slowing of the body's chemical processes and metabolism. Hashimoto's disease that results in hypothyroidism may also lead to serious, potentially life-threatening complications.

The symptoms of Hashimoto's disease can vary between individuals. Many people may have no symptoms at all. When there are symptoms of Hasimoto's disease, they are due to the develoment of hypothyroidism. Symptoms frequently include an enlarged thyroid, fatigue and weight gain. The most extreme form of hypothyroidism caused by Hashimoto's disease is a life threatening complication called myxedema coma. Symptoms of myxedema coma include shock and unresponsiveness. For more details on symptoms and complications, refer to symptoms of Hashimoto's disease.

Hashimoto's disease is more common in women than in men. There may be a hereditary element in the develoment of Hashimoto's disease because it tends to run in families.

Making a diagnosis of Hashimoto's disease begins with taking a thorough medical history, including symptoms, and completing a physical examination. The physician or health care provider may feel a larger than normal thyroid gland in the neck.

A blood test is performed to determine levels of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) and the thyroid hormone thyroxine. High levels of TSH and low levels of thyroxine indicate that a thyroid gland is underactive, (hypothyroidism), which can be the result of Hashimoto's disease.

Other tests may be performed to check for potential complications of Hashimoto's disease and hypothyroidism, such as heart disease. These can include blood tests that can reveal hypercholesterolemia, increased liver enzymes, or anemia. A chest X-ray may be done to evaluate the size of the heart.

It is possible that a diagnosis of Hashimoto's disease can be missed or delayed because there often are no symptoms. In addition, early symptoms can be mild or assumed to be associated with other conditions, such as aging or stress. For more information on misdiagnosis, refer to misdiagnosis of Hashimoto's disease.

Hashimoto's disease cannot be cured, and people with the disorder that leads to hypothyroidism have to take thyroid hormone replacement medication for the rest of their lives. However, this treatment is generally very effective in relieving symptoms. For more information on treatment, refer to treatment of Hashimoto's disease. ...more » "

Ju Ju

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 08:02:33 AM »

:bighug: Scamp!

If it helps to offload, this a good place to do it! I'm sending you lots of virtual hugs.

Thanks,CLKD for posting the information.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 10:53:06 AM »

What our bodies can go through fascinates me  ::) and how people struggle but keep going always amazes me! Nature  ??? …….. whose side is she on!