Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Being dairy free  (Read 15110 times)

Joyce

Re: Being dairy free
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 09:46:18 PM »

Don't think NHS has the money these days to fund things. Take daughter's partner & his carry on after his op. Got sent home without help from dietician. Daughter has only sourced stuff by asking around. Shocking state of affairs.

babypink2807

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 06:09:12 PM »

I did a ask at the hospital and they advised what to steer clear from generically. I'm trying this change of diet loose some weight but mainly get the nutrients I need absorbed by my body. Basically eat more, but healthily with the right foods with the right nutrients. I don't know what has B12 in it or Iron or Vitamin D etc. so any help that will make me feel slightly better and improve my energy levels I'm happy!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 06:52:33 PM »

You could post some recipes that work?

babypink2807

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 07:02:13 PM »

I will give it until the two weeks are up and see if its made a difference.  All I do know is I'm hungry and would love some chocolate  :-\

Ju Ju

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 07:29:46 PM »

Mmm! I'm a recovering chocoholic and haven't had real chocolate for 10 years and even the substitutes make me feel rough. Am I strange that I enjoy making my daughter a dairy free, egg free chocolate cake?

Joyce

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 07:44:50 PM »

The dark chocolate with around 85% cocoa are mainly dairy free. Of course I've always preferred dark chocolate, so it's easy.

Ju Ju

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 08:10:15 PM »

Still a problem for me. My daughter can eat it though.

Joyce

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »

AW that's a shame Ju Ju. I don't eat much of it, but I'd miss it if I wasn't able to have any. The dairy free ones are awful for the most part. But booja booja do some very nice ones, cost a fortune mind you, but really tasty. Champagne truffles are especially nice & completely dairy free.

babypink2807

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 04:40:00 AM »

For my dinner I did a story fry which was chicken, baby sweet corn, sugar snap peas, spring onions and carrots. It was lovely. But hour later I was hungry!

Breakfast was an omelette with a little pure honey on it and a cup of tea with coconut milk.  Lunch was salad which was chicken, salad with no dressing, sun dried tomatoes, and 3 x small new potatoes.   I drank a few glasses of water.  Sneaks were raw carrots and hummus

suzicals

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014, 05:17:31 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]