Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: I've come off HRT  (Read 2383 times)

margaret

I've come off HRT
« on: June 08, 2014, 06:04:09 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I've been off HRT for 11 weeks now,  I was having problems with migraine and raised blood pressure due to changing my HRT.  Apart from having a few night sweats and flushes nothing unpleasant has happened and I'm feeling less anxious.  HRT was great for me for the 2 years I took it and helped me through a difficult time, and having good advice from you ladies too.

Thank you xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I've come off HRT
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 06:32:30 PM »

Thanks for the update! 

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 07:27:47 PM »

Glad to hear things are going well for you. Stick around though, as you will be of help to others.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 09:13:19 PM »

Hi Margaret
I came off HRT about 8 months ago and have to say it's not been too bad.  My only problem was a terrible burning urethra(due to VA) which was already a problem even on full HRT but got really bad when I came off.  Local oestrogen is starting to settle this down now.
I am getting some flushes at night but again not too bad. The only real problem is poor sleep - i really miss being able to have a decent nights sleep.
DG x

Annika

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 06:13:11 PM »

Glad to hear your doing well Margaret I came off HRT a year ago and like you having the flushes etc.,  its not to the point where i feel the need to go back on HRT and now having some success with drinking soy milk. My flushes are far less and nights sweats improved a whole lot but I do know some cannot tolerate it well. Good Luck