Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel conti  (Read 5141 times)

mary ireland

Evorel conti
« on: May 30, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »

Hi Ladies. I am 51 and started on evorel conti patches 50mgs in March. Literally overnight I felt better, Mood leve improvedl,anxiety gone, flushes gone, depression gone, mind clear. Hallelujah! Could not believe the change. Within 2 weeks I felt like Dolly Parton-swollen breasts, bloating. I saw a post on this site and followed suit. I cut my patch in half and have done so ever since. i probably need a little more than 25mgs bi-weekly (the feel good factor has slightly gone down but i would prefer this to that monstrous bloated feeling. It depends on how accurate I cut the patch. Its a pity they dont manufacture it in 25mgs.

It is so helpful to come on this website. Thank you everybody.

Dancinggirl

Re: Evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 04:54:06 PM »

Hi and Welcome
Just a thought.  You could use Oestrogel and Utrogestan tablets. These are similar things to your evorel patch but you can adjust the amount of Oestrogel(oestrogen) you use daily - so perhaps only use one pump per day.
Read up about this combo - many ladies love it.
DG x

Shazzie

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »

Hiya and welcome

I too have been on Evorel Conti 50mcgm patches fr the past monh.  I started on Femseven Conti but they became really hard to get hold of so my GP prescribed me Evorel Conti.  I thought I was doing ok but noticed an increase in palpitations, especially first thing in the morning, so, like you I cut mine in half and feel so much better.  The palpitations are very very light now so I reckon the Evorel 50mcgm was too strong.

I have an appt on Thurs with my GP to discuss so will let you know what she says.

Look forward to chatting with you.

Shazzie x

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 05:59:13 PM »

I also cut my patches in half not because they did not suit but because I know they will want me off them at some point so I want to be managing on the smallest dose.
So far so good and its been 5 months now.

Bit hot at night but no flushes or sweats. I like being able to fiddle with the dose if I want to.

Honeyb
x

Shazzie

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 08:53:47 PM »

Good point honeyb.  Fingers crossed half a patch will be enough.

Shazzie x

sweettooth

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 01:56:40 PM »

Hi, you could always cut a 1/4 off - just cut half off where the separation line is on the adhesive and see how you go.  I still find that at times the 50 is either too much or just right........this is a very long piece of string :P

Rowan

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 02:05:35 PM »

I use a half 25 estrogen patch or try to keep a 25 patch on for a week, no problems at all except some achy joints and occasionally not sleeping so well which has nothing to do with hormones.