Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: low groin/abdomen aches and pains  (Read 6696 times)

spider

low groin/abdomen aches and pains
« on: May 16, 2014, 07:58:20 AM »

Hi everyone,

Does anyone experience aches and pains in lower groin area. I feel as if I'm just achey there. No signs of UTI symptoms just general sore/ tender feeling?
Went to GP earlier in the week. Urine was clear and he says this is yet another troublesome symptom of meno. I haven't had a period now for about 14 months but strangely on Tuesday I would have sworn I had ovulation pain. Other symptoms would suggest this too ie. discharge, tender breasts etc..Doc is adamant I'm now in menopause but I find it hard to make the link with the muscle pains low down.
I also seem to have mild cramps similar to period pain but no spotting etc..also had a lot of wind recently and intermittent constipation.
Can anyone relate to this?

Spider😔

littleminnie

Re: low groin/abdomen aches and pains
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:33:57 PM »

I still get what I call period symptoms and it's 4 years since my last period.  I wondered whether your body still continues with the 28 day cycle but without the actual period.

Linsey44

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:17:44 PM »

I had hysterectomy last year and they only took out the uterus and i continued to get a feeling like i would have a period.

Had my ovaries out 6 weeks ago and havent had that feeling, so i guess it must have be related to the ovaries in some way.

I get groin pain from time to time but cant explain a reason for it.

If you are not happy with your gp's response, maybe you should get a second opinion.

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:57:13 PM »

Are the pains in the vagina? Like a bruised muscle feeling?

spider

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 11:48:12 AM »

Thanks ladies

Yes maryjane sometimes that's exactly where I feel them...really internally but like a pulled muscle pain.😁

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 04:18:05 PM »

I would imagine it is the pelvic floor weakening, however that would need confirming and DO NOT do any pelvic floor exercise until you know the reason why, I am going through a very rough time with mine and I am having intensive physio, and I must not do pelvic floor exercises.