Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Skipped Heartbeat  (Read 7079 times)

Taz2

Re: Skipped Heartbeat
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 01:25:22 PM »

That's ok! Seems to be a meno-thing that nobody, but nobody, ever tells us what to expect. I just thought it would be a few hot flushes, periods would stop and I would carry on exactly as before! Mind you I saw my mum go through it but disregarded it totally. I thought she was just making a fuss!  ;D

Taz x

Shazzie

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 01:31:53 PM »

Exactly what I thought Taz.  My mum only told me she had the palps thing when I told her I was suffering at the moment.  Wish she had told me sooner.

xxx

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 01:35:27 PM »

Maybe she didn't want to put the idea into your head? You know how if someone says "Are you having so and so yet?" it sorts of starts it off?

I wish my mum was here so that I could tell her that I now, finally, understand. My one abiding memory is of her moaning about her lack of waist and the fact that she had put on a stone and nothing looked right and me thinking  "For goodness sake - you're fifty-three - who's going to be looking at you!" Fifty three seemed so old back then!

Taz x

Shazzie

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 03:39:46 PM »

Seems like we have followed the same road as our mums.

I remember my mum in a lovely cream trouser suit and she had to rush back from the bus stop as she was flooding.  I had terrible flooding too before my periods stopped so the palps were bound to happen if you think about it.

Thanks again for your support.  I really appreciate it.  Funny how knowing someone else has the same makes you feel better.

xxx
Pages: 1 [2]