Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Panties for heavy periods/accidents  (Read 10589 times)

Joyce

Re: Panties for heavy periods/accidents
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 10:01:49 AM »

Bless her Linsey! 

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »

It's great that she's reading up on it as she might not have long to go -  we begin lessons at school at age ten which deal with periods and changes to the body. It used to be eleven but more and more girls were beginning periods before they had any "priming".

Taz x

Linsey44

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 11:31:40 AM »

Hi Taz

They do need to learn from a young age - a friends daughter started at 9.

My youngest is at a small country school with around 75 pupils , she learned  a lot of this around 2yrs ago when she was one of the younger ones in a mixed age class and they were teaching the older ones.

Needless to say we were unaware of this until she announced (aged 7)  when we were all having dinner that she knew what boys bits were called and proceeded to go into great detail and that me and her dad had obviously had sex twice cos we had two kids.

Her dad and 18yr old brother were at a loss for words as most males would be. 

I think its great she tells us things and asks us questions, hopefully this will continue in the future.

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 12:26:26 PM »

My daughter was nearly 14 before she started. I always thought she was more able to cope with it than she would have been at a much younger age. She was so very thin so I think that was one reason.
They do prepare them well at school although I did it myself too. I sent my son out for a game of golf with hubby. Hubby was under strict instructions to have the birds and bees talk. Never did discover what was said  ;D

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2014, 12:28:54 PM »

I would think probably not a lot!!!!

Taz x  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 02:33:09 PM »

That's what I thought  ;D

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 03:19:37 PM »

I told hubby to have that talk with son too, though I doubt it ever happened. As a result, I slipped a birds & bees book into son's bedroom, just to be sure. Told daughter, when she was about 8/9. However, like me didn't start until she was older. Think she was about 12/13.
A friend's daughter started at 9. Her mum had to write a note to her teacher, so she could be excused from class if necessary.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 04:06:49 PM »

8 is 'within normal age' now ……. and the girl that had the baby a few weeks ago at aged 12 ………  ::) her mum is a grandma at 27  :o

Mum and I talked about sex from a very early age because I read the 'problem pages' of her magazines  ::)

Joyce

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 04:35:41 PM »

We had a friend who asked her mum. Seriously. Another friend & I had mums who told us about periods but that was it. So our other friend had a more modern, younger mum who was quite happy to share what she knew.

Just before I got married, mum asked me if there was anything I wanted to know.  ;D I told her I could probably tell her more than she could tell me.

Taz2

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 05:29:56 PM »

My mum told me when I was ten. I could ask her anything and, as I got older, she started asking me things too. She was disappointed when I went on the pill as she felt I was too young but she soon came round to my way of thinking as I was in a stable relationship.

I spoke to all of my sons about sex and relationships once they were of the right age - there is no way their dad would have done it!

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 09:38:51 PM »

My son used to stick his fingers in his ears and sing when I tried. As he got a lot older he was a lot more open. It was me sticking my fingers in my ears at that point.  ;D

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 09:42:05 PM »

Some things we just don't need to know!  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]