Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Terrible Anxiety - making me so ill  (Read 14417 times)

LindyLouLou

Terrible Anxiety - making me so ill
« on: April 22, 2014, 09:34:45 AM »

Hello, sorry for starting another thread about this.  I just feel so bad.  I have read this forum for a long time and always found it so helpful.  Felt so good for quite a while too that I dipped out - now the anxiety is back with avengeance. 

I have health anxiety and suddenly with the news that my brother needs a triple heart by pass - I have plunged terribly.  Not sleeping, racing heart, worried about dying. So nauseaus, tearful.  I was feeling so good.

Sorry to sound so depressing. Just wanted to get it out by venting my feelings.
Lindy

libby1

Re: Terrible Anxiety - making me so ill
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:42:44 AM »

Hi Lindy

Know how you feel  :foryou:  i've had health anxiety for 2 1/2 years and it's horrible. Sending you a hug  :bighug:  Are you taking anything for it? I've just started taking Kalms which doesn't stop it but just takes the edge off the feelings of terror.

Libby
x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 09:56:04 AM »

That kind of news would have same effect on most of us LindyLouLou.  With things that are going on with me at the moment, I have every sympathy. I'm not nearly as anxious as you though. I'm coping using Bach's remedy rescue pastilles. Worth a go. But if you are feeling like you can't cope, maybe a visit to your GP would help.

When's your brother having his op?

Witches Cat

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 10:08:49 AM »

Oh Lindyloulou, I so feel for you, I'm exactly the same, I go on happily for a little while, then I hear of a family member who has problems and I immediately think I've got it, or I'm going to get it, and I plummet. I find the best thing is to take each symptom of how I'm feeling and rationalize it... sort of  "it can't be this because"  or "if it was that, then there'd be this as well"  and also  "it can't be that because sometimes I feel so well, but that wouldn't go away" It doesn't always work but most times it does. Am I making any sense? I do hope you feel more yourself soon, keep your chin up...
 :tulips2: 

Dyan

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »

Hi Lindyloulou,
I know exactly how you are  feeling.
I suffer from anxiety and have had health anxiety in the past.
I too went down when my brother was ill recently and needed a transplant.
It is an awful thing and I sympathise with you.
Maybe a visit to your GP to see if there's something to help you through this awful time.
 :hug: for you X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 11:31:49 AM »

Don't suffer! go to your GP and ask for medication to ease symptoms.  Been there .......  :-\ .........  :hug:

groundhog

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »

I really sympathise too.  Anxiety is awful and infiltrates through you.  I have been reading your posts Cubagirl and hope you get some good news soon. Lindy Lou - I think whenever we hear news like this it is terrifying and if you are anxious anyway everything is magnified.  I don't know what to suggest as I am exactly the same.  I am on citalopran for depression and anxiety but it is doing very little.  At the moment I am awaiting a phone call and I am in bits.  I had a scan last week and went to the GP on Thursday and the promised results weren't there.  My anxiety has been there all weekend and today it's 100 times worse as the results have been re faxed and I have to wait for a phone call.  The ultrasound was on my kidney as I have been having pain but they concentrated for ages on my liver area.  I am trying to control the panic inside me.  I can't blame this on the meno as I have always been anxious.  It's horrible and not helped by the fact I am on my own which is why I am on here.  At least we can chat on here and help each other through these things.  Hope you get some relief Linda Lou xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 11:39:31 AM »

Groundhog - are you able to up the Citalopram for a few days?  I take 5mg at night and if necessary, add 5mg in the morning for 5/7 days.

groundhog

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »

Well CLKD - I'm on the standard dose of 20mg per day but to be honest they don't seem to be doing much.  That said it's only if and when you stop taking them you realise they were helping after all.  So do you take the extra on top of the 20mg tab.  Some of my friends are on 40mg so I thought 20mg is a low dose but if you are only taking 10mg, maybe not.  I don't know I'm just not in a good place and the slightest thing now sends me down the dark roads we shouldn't visit until we have to.  Going to be a long day :(

littleminnie

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2014, 12:25:21 PM »

How long have you been on the Citalopram Groundhog?

Sarah2

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »

Have you thought about a 'talking therapy'?

Some of my work involves this and although I agree that drugs have their place ( some of my clients are on these too) - they do just dampen down the emotions without really tackling the issues in a head-on, long term way.

CBT is a really good way of working through anxiety and behavioural issues like this, as is mindfulness and even counselling with the right type of counsellor.

Your GP cn refer you for NHS CBT and it is supposed to be the first route for any psychological issues before giving out pills- worth thinking about?

Shazzie

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 12:41:51 PM »

Oh Lindy

Firstly don't apologise for sounding depressed.  I am not surprised you are depressed.  The news you have had must have knocked you for six.

I really hope things get better for you soon.

Just wanted to send you (((hugs)))

Shazzie x

groundhog

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 12:50:52 PM »

Yes thank you Sarah 2 - I have had some counselling in the past and it was helpful.  I really need to do something.
CLKD - I have been on citalopran for years.  I came off them for a while but then when my mother had her brain haemorrhage and life became very very stressful I went back on - so that was about 2 years ago.  I have discussed with my doctor about changing and she did suggest Prozac but to be honest I have been so down at times I have been scared to mess about with things.
I am sorry Lindy if you feel I have hijacked your thread,  it wasn't intentional.  Hope you realise you are not alone with this terrible affliction xx
Thanks everyone xx

groundhog

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 12:52:17 PM »

Apologies little Minnie - I have been on citalopran for many years xx I addressed my reply at CLKD - meno head!!

littleminnie

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 01:01:59 PM »

Maybe you could up it 30mg for a while and see if it helps. X
Pages: [1] 2 3 4