Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice from cat lovers  (Read 10830 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice from cat lovers
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2014, 02:54:32 PM »

whippets  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2014, 02:56:17 PM »

My neighbours used the lion poo to stop their own cats using their garden!!!! It didn't work though - in fact it attracted my two to join her two!!  ;D ;D

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 02:59:48 PM »

Already got a white fluffy barky chasy thing that works very well during daylight hours.

Going to buy some chicken wire for the regularly used areas and spray along the fence with some smelly concoctions. Hubby is also taking about netting for other parts of the fence and tomorrow I am going to buy two more rambling roses. That should stop the blighters especially when the roses grow. I presume they won't walk along a fence if there is thorny stuff on it.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2014, 03:03:19 PM »

Let us know how it goes. My own cat can quite easily negotiate rambling roses and brambles. Shame that your neighbours can't keep them in at night.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 03:05:49 PM »

Would like to suggest it but I don't know how they would react and its not worth falling out over.

Years ago hubby changed a flat top fence to a pointy one and it slowed them down a lot  ;D

Honeyb
x

Taz2

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 04:35:14 PM »

I used some green gel stuff but I can't remember the name. The granules swelled up a bit on contact with moisture (like the stuff you put in hanging baskets) and hangs around for a while - but you keep having to replace it when the smell wears off - it was a natural substance - maybe citronella based? I am a cat lover and owner but was using it inside the house because our (elderly) cat kept doing its poos on the floor of the (walk-in) fireplace!!  ;D

I imagine it might be a bit expensive to use all the time on a large area but mught work as a deterrent alongside all the other methods, so they go elsewhere?

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]