Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: First cycle of Utrogestan complete!  (Read 1928 times)

Spangles

First cycle of Utrogestan complete!
« on: April 22, 2014, 06:41:55 AM »

Hi ladies
I've just finished my first cycle of Utrogestan 200mg. I have had some progesterone side effects but managed them well.
The worst thing I have found with using Utrogestan is the tiredness it gave me, I just felt really groggy and exhausted.
Due to feeling like this I only used it for 10 days and not 12, I have a bleed so I'm not worried.
I am considering using it vaginally next time as many of you already know because I have asked questions about it. If I use it vaginally will it help with the tiredness?
Many thanks
Shellb
xXx

Hurdity

Re: First cycle of Utrogestan complete!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:09:50 PM »

Hi Shellb

I can't remember how long your cycle is Shellb? If it's a monthly cycle then I'm sure 10 days will be fine. Fatigue and tiredness is one of the known side effects of Utrogestan.

I take it vaginally - the same dose and it usually begins to take effect (in terms of tiredness) about 5 days into the 12 days (I take it for 12 days every 6-8 weeks )

If you are under a gynae you might be able to discuss using less than 200 mg (or have a longer cycle) when using it vaginally because more is absorbed directly to the uterus where it is needed. Depends also on your oestrogen dose.

One thing I would say - is if you do use it vaginally,  might be an idea to make sure you are also using topical (vaginal) oestrogen) and top this up before each cycle - as this will ensure your vaginal tissues are healthy and will minimise systemic absorption of the progesterone and hopefully also minimise side effects such as fatigue. I do sometimes get migraines when I take it, but I would imagine this would be more likely with oral use.

Hurdity x

Suzyq

Re: First cycle of Utrogestan complete!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 06:28:54 PM »

I used vaginally and had the opposite effect - I just cannot sleep for longer than an hour with it! I am now using compounded progesterone and have the same thing - have barely slept for over a week so may be worth switching!