Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Restarted HRT  (Read 19532 times)

Taz2

Re: Restarted HRT
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2014, 11:58:29 AM »

It's just that a lower amount didn't work. Will see what happens though. Lower is better than nothing.

While on HRT my skin is good - even on the lower dose - it is so lovely to have everything sort of plumped up - even the skin on the inside of my arms is so much nicer and not crepey anymore.

I've never tried skin brushing. Baby oil and I don't get on - brings me out in a rash - but there must be alternatives. I will investigate!

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2014, 12:50:24 PM »

Are you allowed estriol it doesn't just plump up the inside of the vagina, it doesn't cause blood clots and its many many times weaker then estrodiol.

Also Vitamin E can help with hot flushes and skin, though you might have to check with your Doctors as it is a mild blood thinner.

Hurdity

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »

Hi Taz I understand about the lower dose not working because this happened to me, but like me, you went to the lower dose from a higher dose, and symptoms re-started. Perhaps going onto a lower dose from nothing might do the trick (eg 25 mcg), or be sufficient to alleviate the worst of the symptoms, if this would be easier to be prescribed? Unfortunately for you and for many of us it is the dratted progesterone that is needed, and the whole cycle thing - which is a bit of a bore bleeding in your 60's!!

silverlady I don't think there are long term studies of the ultra low dose estradiol (14 mcg?) and that may be an insufficient dose for many but perhaps would work for a lot of women, and it would be good if something like this was recommended for all women indefinitely -as a baseline perhaps, and those who wanted to stay on a higher dose can do so-  I can't find the studies at the moment. I would have thought monitoring of the endometrium would be advisable annually and I think maybe that was the recommendation from reading some while ago?

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]