Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can't go on like this, any advice?  (Read 12432 times)

Trey

Re: Can't go on like this, any advice?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 10:47:34 PM »

Replens clumped up with me and generally just didn't do the job, besides the contents.  I use Aquaphor now and then.

Rose

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 12:44:35 AM »

THANK-YOU this forum does help me not to feel alone in all of this. I have been using Vagifem in the morning on advice from pharmacist because of the 'double expresso' effect (yes even on the half dose) and it seems to have worn off by evening. I am due to see GP next week, so I'll ask about ring. Hope it's available at that dosage here in Oz. I know that many women use Vagifem or Ovestin (tried that too, same side effect) successfully but for those of us unlucky to be so sensitive to certain ingredients, life with VA is horrible. It got to the point when I first posted that I was crying with the constant pain/urinary frequency. The toilet saw me more times than my family did. I will take all that has been said and let you know what happens. Fingers crossed that they'll have ring at that dosage and no side effects x

ancient runner

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 09:21:27 AM »

Rose -- think about the estring -- you get the 7.5mg dose evenly over the whole day, so no suddeen double espresso effect. No guessing and cutting pills in half. no fillers. good luck.

tiger74

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 12:45:16 PM »

I think there is confusion...

The pre-filled Replens applicators which I am prescribed DO NOT contain parabens.   

The ReplensMD 35g tube contains Methylparaben (preservative) and for that reason I do not use that version.

This is borne out by the information on their website and the information leaflet in each box of pre-filled applicators which has no mention of methylparaben in the list of ingredients.
http://www.replens.co.uk/replensmd-for-you/patients-advice-and-faqs/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:59:16 PM by tiger74 »

Limpy

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 03:56:47 PM »

The Replens which comes in a tube is tedious.
It has a mind of it's own when trying to fill the applicator.
Keeping the applicator clean was a nightmare.
The pre-filled applicators were easier to use and also "kinder" on the delicate bits.

Sarah2

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 04:34:10 PM »

Rose- the way I understand local HRT is that the more improvement there is, the less is absorbed systemically. In other words the 'uptake' systemically is less once the vaginal walls are thicker and more lubricated. Do you think there is any chance that you might have fewer side effects if you could get through a rough few weeks initially, but have some long term gain once you had reached a plateau of things settling down?  Just a thought!  Hope you find some way through all of this.

Trey

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 06:45:22 PM »

Good point.  Here'so the way it works.  The first one or two weeks of daily use builds up a coating of new cells on the vaginal or peri surfaces.  This is called 'cornification'.  At that point systemic absorption is significantly lower and I bet the symptoms would be lower as well.  A very good study using blood work, biopsies of the endometrium and ultra sound showed absolute minimal absorption AFTER the initial loading period.

I know I've posted this before, but bears repeating.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 06:59:13 PM »

Tiger74

I had oestrogon dominant cancer treated successfully.  Once the initial loading of Gynest pessaries 12 months ago I settled to using the medication 2 x weekly.  I could not have tolerated the symptoms and within 2 months the symptoms had gone. Quality of Life is important and one has to take responsibility for the medication we take.

Rose

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 11:30:14 PM »

I thought that after the initial loading period that I tried, a while back, the side effects would go or be reduced but no such luck. The headaches and the racing heart continued until I had to stop after 10 days. I need to sleep in order to study as I graduate, with luck, in June. I will need to work at least part-time as I'm on my own now. I am someone who says 'no pain, no gain' but the side effects of the full dosage, knocked me for six. Anyway, I will ask for the ring and see how I get on with that. Thanks again ladies  :thankyou:
Pages: 1 [2]