Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Iberogast  (Read 6559 times)

moonbeam121167

Iberogast
« on: May 03, 2014, 04:19:03 PM »

Hi all, well the new dose of HRT is going good well very good , been recently diagnosed with ibs, was  on Omperazole but once I was told I have IBS they put me on  Esomperazole  and Colofac, ,  that was in Feb this year but last week I decided to stop them both as I feel they were not helping and I was getting twitches in my leg and I still would get the acid and real real bad nausea, the twitches have gone, I started Centaurium which has helped a bit , still get nausea but some days are better than others, I have ordered Iberogast as I have been told it has been proven excellent for IBS and nausea, has anyone tried this stuff, I also have been using Bimuno which claimed to help the IBS but have been on it for over a month and dont feel no different  xx

honeybun

Re: Iberogast
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 07:10:47 PM »

Yes I have used it in the past and it helped with mild indigestion and upset tummy. I did not find it helpful for IBS.
It all depends on what kind of IBS you have.
Mine is the D type and for that I use Tormentil which works really well for me. My doctors answer was Immodium but I did not want to take that on a long term basis but I find my Tormentil drops work much better and are natural.

Honeyb
x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »

I dont really suffer from diarrhea or constipation all I do is go about 4 or 5 times a day and it can be like small pebbles and a little loose ( sorry) the worse thing for me is the acid y stomach and nausea ,the full feeling I get isnt too bad and  I thought the omperazole and then the Esomperazole would help but after nearly 2 years still no help hense why I stopped taking them, I also use Bimuno prebiotic which has proven to be good for IBS but cant say that helps either, the Centaurium helps a little bit with the acid just wish I could find something , looked up on Iberogast and it sounds very good  and help with all these things
Heartburn/acid reflux
Indigestion
Nausea / vomiting
Early satiety
Feeling of fullness
Epigastric pain
Bloating / abdominal cramping
Gas
Constipation / diarrhoea

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »

Give it a try it certainly won't hurt and may well help.

I did get on quite well with it.

Honeyb
x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 07:57:31 PM »

Thanks Honeybun, was hoping that now my estrogen has been sorted out my stomach would start to heel but it only my 5th Estradot 100mcg patch since the increase so hoping it may get a little better, the other symptoms like the anxiety flushes and even my sex drive is getting back ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  its been a very long road but at last I can see the light just want to stop this occasional nausea and acid and it be all good  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »

I sometimes take Zantac. It's an older remedy. After years of using the fancy PPIs I stopped due to side effects.
Now if I have an acid stomach I take Zantac. It's more gentle and I find it works quite well.
 You can buy it over the counter.

Honeyb
x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 08:34:49 PM »

Thanks Honeybun for all your help as usual its comforting to have someones help and advice thanks again , i will go tomorrow and get the Zantac and give it a whirl  xx

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 08:59:12 PM »

Can I ask if you don't have the runs or constipation why has IBS been diagnosed.

I had stomach problems for many years with nausea and terrible acid reflux but did not develop IBS until much later which I think was caused by the over use of stomach medication. That was one of the reasons I stopped all my pills and tried the natural route. I really think there are terrible side effects that no one bothers to tell you about.

Honeyb
x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 09:12:19 PM »

You ask away, went to my gastro doctor and after about 10 mins she said Caroline you have IBS and said I have changed you from Omperazole to Esomperazole and also gave me Colofac a leaflet on IBS and told me not to eat above grown veg !!!!! and thats was that, me and my hubby both thought its wrong but who are we , that was on 26th Feb this year, I took the pills up until a week ago and thought sod it they dont help why do I still take them so I stopped, been taking Centaurium 3 times a day before meals and the odd Gavison advance but its the nausea its can get quite bad, I dont drink alcohol, stopped drink coke, dont eat chocolate, take lactose free milk, only rarely eat bread, dont if I can help it eat spicy food, find large potions make me ill, not sure if the PPI make it worse but they never helped me so why take them, not sure anyone knows or cares fed up with the NHS feel they dont take me seriously so hence the advice on Iberogast

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 09:17:17 PM »

Hope it works for you.

Let us know how you get on.

Honeyb
x