Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: IBS  (Read 26344 times)

moonbeam121167

Re: IBS
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2014, 07:46:53 PM »

Hi a update on my IBS, been off all med now, example  Esomperazole, Amitriptlyine, Colofac  all stopped,  my poor stomach feels like its on fire and the nausea is bad, I know if I go back to the doctor he will  say why did I to stop the pills and tell me off and put me back on them even though they never worked,  I am trying this new probiotics
http://www.elixirhealth.co.uk/natural-health-news-1.asp Solgar Probi 20 billion which sounds good, I have been on Bimuno a prebiotic now for months which was suppose to help but so far my stomach is no better, today I have lived on Gavison, my HRT and all that menopause stuff is great and my libido is back, just having a few VA problems but I can cope with that  its just my blinking stomach, sorry to moan but just needed to talk to someone  :) :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2014, 07:48:41 PM »

Have you read the new thread that Honeybun began today? 

It can be trial and error to find something which eases gut symptoms.  How about 'actimel' type drinks several times a day.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2014, 07:55:44 PM »

CLKD

Yes say that thread this one has a different one Solgar Probi® 20 and 30 Billion contain the extensively documented probiotic Lactobacillus plantarum 299v (Lp299v) if you go on http://www.elixirhealth.co.uk website you can see a link on the left hand side Randi health column  'the alternate to IBS' you can read up about it and thats why I try it , also there is another VSL#3 which has good reviews.  I do have Actimel but my kids keep drinking them so if I have 3 a week it be a good thing, need to get some more and tell them to keep off  :)

CLKD

« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2014, 08:08:56 PM »

Your kids drink your Actimel because you allow them to  ::)

Is it doing them good  ;) …………. I 'went off' them so our chickens got the remainder of the pots  ;D ……

honeybun

« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2014, 09:11:49 PM »

Why don't you post on my new thread and we can compare notes.

I know you say you have a burning stomach. Is this how it affects you?  IBS is generally more bowel related and what it does when you eat. Pain,cramps, constipation and diahorrea.

Have you tried aloe Vera juice as its very soothing. When I cam off my meds for my stomach years,ago I had other things in place to try otherwise I could not have coped.

Honeyb

moonbeam121167

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2014, 09:12:08 PM »

I know I am soft, even my grandson goes in the fridge and helps himself , bless, I eat a Activia yogurt everyday, as well when I have them Actimel twice a day and when I get stressed my stomach plays up, just don't want to go down the PPI route again cause last time they never worked and to be honest nor does Gavison and Zantac gave me god awful headaches but I don't know what else to do  ???

moonbeam121167

« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »

Honeybun shall I post something on your thread then

honeybun

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2014, 09:15:32 PM »

You are more than welcome if you want  :)

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »

My IBS started because I didn't eat correctly from the age of 5, by the time I was 35 my gut spasm had stopped almost completely.  I felt constantly bloated and very very sick every time I tried to eat, even a cuppa made me bloated.

Now it's worse if I don't go to the loo properly, like today I feel I need to empty my bowel but although I've been it's still 'full'  >:( ………… Actimel certainly helps keep me regular but I've gone 'off' them  ::)

At least your children are getting their probiotics regularly  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2015, 01:25:34 PM »

My slow transit caused problems yesterday - after sitting on the loo for 20 mins I went, kind of, after which I felt really really ill ………… and don't talk to me about wind  :-X

honorsmum

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2015, 01:52:58 PM »

I take digestive enzymes and licorice root tablets to help my Crohn's and IBS - worth a try, CLKD?

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2015, 02:55:26 PM »

YUK  ;D ……… I ought to begin drinking Actimel again but don't fancy it  ::) - worked for years ……..

Jenna

« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2015, 03:05:10 PM »

Have you tried Slippery Elm powder or Fybogel, CLKD? I expect you have!

Jenna x

CLKD

« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2015, 03:12:16 PM »

Fybogel  :sick02: ------- bypassed the middle woman and shaken into the compost  ;D - slippery elm ……. NOPE!

honeybun

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2015, 04:01:41 PM »

Prunes, All Bran, nuts, .......or just buy Actimel  ;D

Honeyb
X
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6