Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: IBS  (Read 26495 times)

lubylou

Re: IBS
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2014, 12:03:56 AM »

Your drs should be looking into 3 different lots of symptoms- IBS, your acid stomach and your liver.

I feel you are being fobbed off so hope you get some treatment.

I agree with what Sara2 said, IBS and acid stomach are two different things (with different treatments/medications to alleviate symptoms) and shouldn't be lumped together as IBS.
Lubylou

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2014, 11:11:53 AM »

My IBS is 'slow transit' in that I feel I need to 'go' but nowt happens  >:( ........... fortunately it results in painful spasms rarely .......

moonbeam121167

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »

I  do believe I am being fobbed off, I dont think its IBS but I dont know what else to do  ???

honeybun

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2014, 04:20:42 PM »

Really the only thing you can do is go back to your GP with a list of questions and try and get some answers. It's not fair of them to leave you like this so you must insist on the right treatment.
Maybe take your hubby with you for some support.

Honeyb
x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2014, 04:55:07 PM »

I will have to, my son had some areo balls so I had 3 with a cupper and now I feel sick and have a burning pain, fed up to say the least  >:( >:(

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2014, 09:30:49 PM »

What on Earth is an aero ball  :-\ ……….. how about seeing your Practice Nurse instead? and keeping a food diary ….

moonbeam121167

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2014, 10:31:32 PM »

Aero sorry mint flavour in balls lovely but god they made me feel sicky and my stomach was burning, it seems my stomach does not like chocolate, curries and any spicy foods, just boring bland food, I dont get bloaty nor diarrhea or constipated, I can go to the toilet up to 5 times a day but its normal not runny or nothing, I dont have cramping or nothing neither, just burning stomach nausea and a pressure type feeling under my ribs, dont eat crap food like big M's, loads crisps or  biscuits , sweets, drink chamomile tea but I do also like a normal cupper, eat loads of bananas, I like grapes, I eat pretty good but I am overweight a bit, and its all gone around the middle.

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2014, 08:12:36 PM »

If you eat that amount of chocolates !!! ……… cut out the chamomile tea and drink proper tea, plenty of dilute juice (not squash), bottled water, grapes can be acidic = sore guts.  Ginger however is a gut easer, used in many conditions including travel sickness. 

Go onto a mild food diet.  Eat porridge or slow release breakfast; lots of chicken/rice/pasta; add grated ginger to the rice: less acidic foods; plenty of 'dry biscuits, i.e. cream crackers/Rich T, ginger biscuits - for at least 6/7 days.  This cuts out anything that might aggravate the gut lining. (My Vet always recommended chicken and rice when the pets were poorly  ;)). 

If you need a bathroom visit then eat a dry biscuit before going back to sleep.  Helps keep the stomach acids 'working' on something.

LIVE yoghurt - 1 tablespoon several times daily - helps the gut bacteria.  Or a good pro-biotic.  DO NOT eat within the hour of going to bed, because the food can lay 'heavy' causing heartburn, reflux etc..  Keep a food diary of EVERYTHING  ;) you eat and drink ……..

moonbeam121167

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »

I dont eat chocolate normally but I did have  3 tiny balls like Malteseers  but Aero  thats all I had, I take Optibac probiotics which have 20 billion live microorganisms in, I do have bland boring food ie porridge, rice, chicken, bananas, I dont eat any thing wheat and I only have lactose free milk dont drink  squashes, I dont eat biscuits or any thing spicy or rich.  Why cut out chamomile tea,  I was told it is better than tea, I have stopped taking vitamins and stopped the Magnesium, I do feel I eat quite healthly .

Taz2

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2014, 09:58:16 AM »

Hi moonbeam - I was interested in the fact you use Optibac. I had this last autumn while having different antibiotics for a kidney infection. Although the antibiotics did upset my whole system things only began to improve once I stopped the Optibac. The doc thought it may have been a sensitivity to the capsule and advised me to still use it but to sprinkle it onto my food but I'm afraid I stopped using them altogether and felt much better. The probiotic drinks also give me bad stomach pain and diarrhoea.

Taz x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2014, 10:31:30 AM »

Sparkle thanks for your response and hope you feel better soon, I know its all done to hormones, and stuff as it all started around the time I found a hugh fibroid, for which I think looking back I was in peri-menopause as well and its gone down hill since, yesterday I had some 2 bread rolls and some stick things which contain wheat and god last night I woke up and I felt sick had stomach pains so it must of been the wheat as the rest of my food was bland but you say alcohol burns you I did have 2 glass of wine so it could of been that as well, and Taz2 do you think stopping the Optibac will help, I have stopped the magnesium but still no change, maybe its worth a try, cant stop the Amitryptine as I have tried that and god my headaches came back with a vengeance,I do thank you ladies for all your comments and help  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :ange: :ange: :ange: :ange:

rosebud57

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2014, 10:53:11 AM »

I would try cutting out everything that's not from and the Doc and give yourself a couple of weeks to settle down.  I don't think the cocktail of things you are taking are a good idea, as things interact.  You can then find out what's a real symptom and whats caused by the meds.

Rowan

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2014, 11:12:28 AM »

I can recommend a very informative book which was posted by an MM member a more then a few years ago, I bought if for my OH who suffers with bowel problems

Irritable Bowel Solutions: The essential guide to IBS, its causes and treatments by Dr John Hunter

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 11:25:21 AM by silverlady »

moonbeam121167

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2014, 12:16:35 PM »

Rosebud57 I dont take a cocktail of things to be honest, Esomperazole 40mg in the morning upon waking and then a probiotic during the day and then about 7ish I will take the Amitryptline  and thats it, I will from tomorrow not take the probiotics and see how I will then,  thanks for the book  Silverlady I will google search it and have a read,  :)

rosebud57

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2014, 12:32:52 PM »

Just checked out the side effects for esomperazola and amitrypline.  Both can cause stomach problems particularly the esomperazola.  Also amitrypline interacts with alcohol and should be avoided.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6