Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HRT rebound when stopping - women who were not told about this when given HRT  (Read 8056 times)

Winterose

Hurdity as ever a good balanced response but I still say that one could never know as every individual is different so impossible to run studies unless one had a doppelganger or be an identical twin .Thats the only way you would know personally if it delayed menapause for you as an individual. Theres plenty of evidence on here of ladies who have been helped by HRT for a few years and then come of it with varying degrees of ease and there are ladies whose symptoms were as bad as when they first started. 

All I can say is I am very grateful for my oestrogen patch . :)

Rowan

I am one of the ladies who has not had any rebound effects, I stopped my estrogen patch about six weeks ago after an attack of Uticaria,  I feel fine now and no symptoms.

I was on a low dose patch for maintenance not for menopause symptoms as I have never had many, we are all so different in how we respond.

bramble

I stopped HRT almost 2 years ago after being on it for 5-6 years. Apart from 1 hot flush and it taking a few weeks to get back into a sleeping pattern, I have had no other symptoms. The only thing I notice is lack of energy but that could be age rather than lack of HRT (now 60).

Bramble

Taz2

That's interesting Bramble. What your symptoms before going onto HRT? I am envious!

Taz x

bramble

I had bad hot flushes, always preceded by a mini panic attack. Plus very high anxiety levels, (never been anxious before), full blown panic attacks, tiredness, bad joint and muscle pain etc etc.

I did take about six months to gradually wean myself off a low dose HRT - whether that made a difference or not I do not know.
Bramble

Taz2

It's the flushes I'm interested in. Mine are exactly as they were almost seven years ago when I started HRT. I seem to have settled back into the same pattern of every thirty minutes on a good day and every twenty on a not so good day  :(

Taz x

lubylou

Hi
Sorry not responded before now. Because of what is in my response /reply post I have put it in members only area (personal info) hope that is OK.

Bramble I would be interested to know what brand of low dose you were on, it was when I tried to reduce my low dose that my night furnace symptom got worse and anxiety like constant adrenaline started for first time. Could be coincidence of course.

Lubylou
Pages: 1 [2]