Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: weight!!!!!!!  (Read 9376 times)

Tm666uk

Re: weight!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 10:25:58 PM »

Hiya country bumpkin I too have an underactive thyroid and managed to lose 3 stone last year using an App , I'm not sure of the rules on this site wether I can tell you a bit more about it ! I have tried every diet in the book and this is the first one that has worked and kept the weight off . If I'm allowed I'm more than happy to share :) I went from 16/18 to 8/10 from January to July and still happily maintaining :) this is the first time since being diagnosed with an under active thyroid I feel in control of it and not it off me :)

groundhog

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2014, 10:48:37 PM »

Oh pls share if u can :)

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 11:25:21 PM »

As long as you don't post a link to something that's for sale then it's fine.

A description or name is ideal as far as I am aware.

Honeyb
x

Tm666uk

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 07:41:29 AM »

Hiya , it is an App for the iPhone iPad you can now get it for Android ect ..It is VGB ( Virtual Gastric band ) Hypnosis it's created by James Holmes and there is a fantastic Facebook group for support where I am one of the Admins . I have to say I was sceptical at first but it worked I'm living proof it worked there is guidelines to follow ( easy one no counting points ect ) . They creator runs a hypnotherapy centre , don't want to say where here in case breaking rules look them up see the reviews . Take a look it's been life changing for me :) let me know if there's any more you want to know I'm just trying to keep within the rules :)

countrybumpkin

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 07:42:37 PM »

I have heard that the gastric band hypno is very very good. I sadly don't have an Iphone or Ipad so can't use the app.  Great to hear you have had such success with it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 07:54:06 PM »

Little steps.  One doesn't get larger suddenly …….. so enjoy food little and often, don't deny yourself anything that you enjoy but eat less of it  ;) - less of it every day ……….

countrybumpkin

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 10:34:26 PM »

Little steps.  One doesn't get larger suddenly …….. so enjoy food little and often, don't deny yourself anything that you enjoy but eat less of it  ;) - less of it every day ……….

How true.  I have realised that I tend to try and eat alot less which means that I then get woken up with hunger pains and have to eat in middle of night and feel so guilty I then think xxx it and then overeat so am just cutting down a little and if I can lose half a pound a week consistently then this is better than going the other way.
I might print out what you said and laminate it and put it on my kitchen wall ;D ;D

Winterose

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »

Yes you could just try eating half of what you would normally eat ,then that fits in with feeding a family. But do have a little look at 5.2 , as you only have to restrict on 2 days and you dont have to starve , some people do 1000 cals a day and the more overweight you are the more successful it is, plus there are other health benefits that would help you. It also means if you are weak willed - and lots of us are - then its not hard knowing that the next day you can eat normally but not overindulge,  :D

Plus you can follow it for life as unless you drastically and permanently change the way you eat then the weight will go on again. My friend s who use weight watchers over the years are always having to return to it having put on the weight again.

rosebud57

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 09:55:53 AM »

Countrybumkin, Just purchased a book with CD & DVD, also for 'virtual gastric band'.  Written by well know hypnotist. The bald one with glasses (initials PM). 

Have not tried it yet but gets over your no ipad prob.  Has good reviews too. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 09:57:26 AM by rosebud57 »

countrybumpkin

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2014, 09:04:46 PM »

Thanks both.  I have tried the 5:2 diet but found that my blood sugar got so low on the very low cal days that I was having proper hypo attacks.  These may have stopped if I could have perservered but  as anyone who has had genuine hypo attacks knows its not something you want to keep doing! 

I have reduced my calories but not drastically and have lost 2lbs since I started this thread so hopefully slow and steady will have some effect. 

Trouble is one meal out no matter how good I try and be tends to put 2lbs back on again :'(  I have a meal out tomorrow night grrrrrrr

honeybun

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2014, 10:06:45 PM »

Are you a diabetic Countrybumpkin ?

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 [2]