Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No way! Can it really be this quick?  (Read 7819 times)

flossie fiddler

No way! Can it really be this quick?
« on: March 08, 2014, 10:38:17 PM »

I've only had my first Evorel Sequi patch on for 12 hours, and I don't know if it's a placebo effect or a psychological effect, but I feel really good. I still have dry mouth, but have had a really great meal out with hubby, came home and I felt sexy enough to initiate sex. Afterwards nothing burned or was sore, and now my head/thinking feels crystal clear for the first time in ages.  :D :D

Surely it's too soon to be seeing this kind of effect? Maybe it is psychological, as I feel I have taken control by starting HRT? As for the clear head, hope it doesn't mean another night of sleeplessness  :-\

But if this is a sign of things to come, bring it on!

MaggieM

Re: No way! Can it really be this quick?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 11:02:21 PM »

Glad to hear you're feeling better already. It can have that effect and I remember feeling the exact same way when I started taking it. I slept through the night the first day of taking HRT and couldn't believe it would take effect so soon. Sadly my libido never returned :-\ but we can't have everything. Maybe one day...

Mags x 

flossie fiddler

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 11:13:50 PM »

Thanks Mags. I wonder if maybe the effect has been so dramatic as I haven't left things for ages before deciding to go down the HRT route.

Symptoms that I didn't  realise were menopausal have crept upon me over the last 2 years, but it's only been the last 6 month that I've realised it was menopause, and after trying alternative remedies, finally sought medical help.

I know a lot of people leave it a good while before trying HRT,  so perhaps that's why I'm seeing results quickly, as I haven't gone too far down the line.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 07:31:20 AM »

Great news Flossie!! I found that my hot sweats disappeared totally within twenty four hours of starting HRT patches the first time. Sadly the libido issue is always worse for me when on HRT - it seems to dampen everything down.

It doesn't matter if some of your feelings are down to a placebo effect - don't wonder why just enjoy them!

Taz x  :)

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »

That's really good new Flossie, Evorel patches had a really quick effect for me as well.
Like Taz says, it doesn't matter why it works, just enjoy feeling good!

flossie fiddler

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 04:53:46 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I'm enjoying the feeling. Have played at a wedding fair today, and at one time I would have been soooo tired afterwards  but I feel really good! Heading off to see a band in Sheffield tonight. Previously I would have been wishing the night away wanting to come home to my sofa and bed, but instead I'm looking forward to it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 04:54:42 PM »

Don't do too much too soon  ;) ……….. or you will burn up energy!  Little steps …...

flossie fiddler

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 04:57:44 PM »

I'll try not to.   :) It's great to feel normal again though. I've even noticed that my wrists and elbows weren't  as painful today. It had got to the point where I couldn't lift moderately heavy things at all. Although I'm not pain free, there's definitely a massive improvement.

Suzyq

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 05:06:23 PM »

Hi Flossie fiddler

It may well last but don't be worried if you go downhill again! The Sam happened to me - felt fantastic from 2nd day then crummy, but once the estrogen had settled in properly (about 6 weeks ish) started feeling pretty level most days - didn't ever get that first rush feeling again unfortunately, but symptoms are very manageable! Hope it does last for you though ...

flossie fiddler

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 05:16:58 PM »

Thanks Suzyq

Been reading this forum a lot, and I'm guessing that it may not last at this level. But pleased that at least something is happening

Flossie xx

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »

Pleased for you Flossie - what do you play?

Hurdity x

Suzyq

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 08:26:39 PM »

Yes it's a total relief when you see a bit of daylight at the end of all of this misery! It may not be the same for you, as I am peri so my own hormones keep butting in occasionally, but overall with hrt I am 75% better.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 08:41:04 PM »

Hurdity, I'm a violinist. Today I was playing in a string quartet, but I also play in 2 folk rock bands.

Suzyq, I'm also peri, and a couple of weeks ago wondered if I should go down the HRT route as symptoms improved so much, but they came back with a vengeance so here I am!

Flossie

bev567901

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 08:51:10 PM »

Wow I start mine in about a week, cant wait. I have had them a week in the drawer & just feel happy looking at them in the packet so goodness knows what it will be like when I take them. I am having a hair cut for the first time since July tomorrow, things are looking up!   Having a smear & internal tomorrow though, I havent had one since 2003 (I know I know.) I had a really bad placental abruption and got Dic & just could not face lying on my back having it done as it brought it all back. Will be a real confidence boost to have it. B x

flossie fiddler

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2014, 10:36:26 PM »

Ha Bev, had my hair cut 2 weeks ago after having the same style for the last 10 yrs. I feel like a new person xx
Pages: [1] 2