Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Aaand another newbie to add to the pile.  (Read 5165 times)

Bo Snow

Aaand another newbie to add to the pile.
« on: February 19, 2014, 04:38:08 AM »

Hi y'all, i've done this the wrong way round. I posted a new topic first then found this bit..ooops ;D. Been meno for a while now and finding things getting harder to cope with so this seemed a good place to be. I finally feel i'm amongst others that know what i'm going through *big sigh of relief*  :)

Joyce

Re: Aaand another newbie to add to the pile.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »

:welcomemm:

Hi there. Lots of advice & support on here. 

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 09:14:55 AM »

:welcomemm:  from me too.

Taz x

mamakaren

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 06:17:49 PM »

:welcomemm:

smudgy14

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 01:31:31 PM »

Hi bosnow and welcome :).I am 49 and had hysterectomy last year so went into full menopause ,my symptoms not to bad at first then really kicked in ,sweats,hot flushes and mood swings which I find really hard to deal with and many days i thought I was losing my marbles (mind you probably didn't have a lot left to lose) being told about this site by a gp really was a godsend,the women on here are all stars and always someone to chat to and clarify what you are going through,I don't think I would be dealing with things as well if had not been brave enough to do my first post.Hopefully you will find it a help to ,even just to know you are not alone and all your symptoms and feelings are real helps,just having a chat when having a really bad day can make things easier to deal with.a hopefully you will be back ,keep well. :)

lubylou

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 02:38:41 PM »

Hi and welcome I am relatively new here but I am staggered by the knowledge and kindness of the women on this forum. I have learnt a lot and the support of just knowing there are others going through the same experiences is reassuring.
LL

Maryjane

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 02:40:01 PM »

Hi, I see you have a horse I did until a year ago, he had to go to rainbow bridge :'(
If any of you want to add to your emotions of pure turmoil, then look up a poem for animals called rainbow bridge, gets me every time, but so true. My adorable Westie is starting to slow down eleven in May, when his time comes I will be inconsolable we are having cuddles on the bed now. :)

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 06:24:35 PM »

Sorry to hear about your horse Maryjane. We have posted about Rainbow Bridge on here many times over the years but thank you for the reminder for those new members who may not have heard of it.

http://www.petloss.com/rainbowbridge.htm

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 08:13:16 PM »

"If it should be
That I grow old and weak ………….

Bo Snow

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2014, 09:13:49 PM »

Sorry, just popped back to this thread. Thanks so much ladies for your warmth and welcomes. So sorry to hear about your horse Maryjane, that must have been so traumatic for you. Just thinking about it makes me teary. Why do all the awful things seem to come at us at once...
Just reading threads and finding answers to questions that I have, or simply knowing I'm not alone with the crippling anxiety that scared me witless when it started a year ago and the fuzzy head that makes my job so difficult, it's just good to know it's all 'normal' and i'm not losing the plot...oooh here comes another power surge *grabs paper and fans herself frantically*   :thankyou: