Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: EVOREL CONTI HRT PATCHES  (Read 13858 times)

jacquiellen

EVOREL CONTI HRT PATCHES
« on: March 28, 2014, 12:57:26 PM »

Hi,
Havn't posted for a while however, I was reading links regarding the Evorel Conti Patches I was recently perscribed and started taking and couldn't help but not ice it was mentioned on several posts that people are cutting these patches in half etc.
I was considering reducing mine to half a patch so rang the phamacist who told me you shoud not but them in half, very confused  :-\ so now I have just stopped using which I would have preferred to do gradually to see how i managed without.
Any advice, information or experiences using these patches most welcome! I think I have tried pretty much everything now and this was my last attempt feel like I been in this menopause forever been suffering a degree of hot flushes for around five years periods stopped for 2 and half now. Any light at the end of the tunnel ???  ::)

jgr

Re: EVOREL CONTI HRT PATCHES
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 01:17:44 PM »

Hi sohot, i started on 1/2  a patch and the advice was given to me by the menopause clinic in Dumfries who run this web page. If they are given that advice then surely it must be ok to do it.

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:29:10 PM »

I am on half a patch too. I want to be able to manage on the smallest amount that I can.
My GP is happy for me do do this.

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 01:40:25 PM »

I cut my 25 estrogen patch in half too. No problems, and makes the patches go further.

jo61

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 03:05:30 PM »

Silverlady, I hope you don't mind me asking I read that you are taking 25mg patch so what are you using for progesterone.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 03:37:13 PM »

SL has had a hysterectomy so does not need progesterone.

Honeyb
x

jo61

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 04:09:55 PM »

Thankyou Honeybun

jacquiellen

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 01:08:42 PM »

Thank you for your replies, I think logic tells me you should be able to cut in half and I have done in the past with Estradot (being the estrogen only one). I think I will have a chat to my doctor as I'm thinking maybe the phamacist doesn't want to be the one to give this advice. Thank you all for your replies. I been finding the whole patch helped after two weeks with the day time flushes however I have been feeling so tired and angry alot of the time moods all over the place, sometimes tearful for no real reason.  We never get everything do we!? one thing solved seems other problems arise, been struggling with this menopause for so long I'm sure you all feel the same its nice to come on this site and find advice and people who actually talk about it rather than push it under the carpet and pretend its not happening.

Thanks again.

Js

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 07:42:45 PM »

Hi I am on evorel conti which is a combination of oestrogen and norithisone which is the progesterone I started it using the full patch  to start with but then cut in half when I was coming off for a break then a quarter I did it slowly as advised was off it for 2 months then started getting flushes again so went back on it again and started with full patch again I have been on hrt  for about 4 years so they like you to come off it after 5 so see what happens if I can cope with the flushes or not as that's really the worse problem night sweats and interrupting sleep as I started on hrt thinking it would help my headaches but it didn't anyway will have a chat to the meno nurse and see what she advises I guess it is a minefield really and you have to see what works for you the best

Js

jacquiellen

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 07:41:59 AM »

Thanks for your info js,
I have cut my first one in half now and I am going to try what you done very gradually although I don't hold out much hope this menopause just seems to go on and on! :-\
Just out of interest how long do you find it takes for flushes to improve once you start on the full patch? I have found it took around two weeks! I must say I think the patches are the best thing I've found as I have tried various natural remedies and table form HRT.
Do you get anxiety still with the patches though!? nice to find someone who's taking the same and can give their experiences of how it works for them also.
Thanks Jacqui

ann58

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 09:10:17 PM »

I have been using Evorel Conti patches for about 11 weeks now. I use a full patch. The hot flushes went in the first week and I started to sleep right through the night. I have had breakthrough bleeding and I am now getting very sore breasts. Apart from that I am feeling much better. Less anxious and more energy.

whitestrand

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 03:41:59 PM »

I am on Evorel Conti patches for 2 weeks now and my hot flushes have almost stopped during the day except for one really bad one, usually lasting about an hour, where my face actually feels like it's on fire and it goes very very red :'( almost purple. This wasn't happening before i started patches. Has anyone else suffered this way and will it go away? :-\ I'm sleeping a little better, but still having night sweats (but not as severe) so hoping this will improve in the coming weeks as I'm sooooo tired from years of  restless, anxiety filled nights. I'm 53 by the way and have been having symptoms for 3 years at least. I'v had no bad effects since starting patches.

jacquiellen

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 08:16:51 AM »

Whitestrand, strange that you should say you had the hot flush while on the HRT patch because I have noticed sometimes when taking HRT patch and in tablet form, in the past sometimes the flushes seem to get worse before getting better!! sometimes I think I am going mad.  So many other things come into play though such as the weather changing, moods etc, very hard to sort out. I had a full patch on but was finding I was just so tired, but the flushes did improve after two weeks of full patch, I wonder if some of these HRT just make you too tired to actually flush, lol.
So update is I starting halfing the patch for few weeks then came off then was awake all night long so started again with the half but have been noticing I am very tearful on these patches anybody else find this, very emotional which I havnt had before not really a person that cries easily! :-\

Limpy

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 11:29:31 AM »

It hasn't happened to me but I seem to remember something about the progesterone in Evorel Conti not being well tolerated by some ladies. That may explain your tears.