Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hrt and anxiety advice  (Read 5239 times)

tjsmith

Hrt and anxiety advice
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:12:56 AM »

Hi there

I have been on hrt three months and for most of the time I'm normal but still getting crippling anxiety lasting about a week each month.

How long does it take to stabilise??? Is it still early days??
I'm on patches and mirena coil as I'm only 40.

Thanks xx

Maryjane

Re: Hrt and anxiety advice
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 10:26:48 AM »

Hopefully someone will be able to advise you soon, I am also having awful anxiety and near panic attacks, think I have had a mini breakdown to be honest start the anti ds tonight. I am not on HRT as I am still having regular as clock work periods although everything is changing mentally and physically. Its really awful.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 05:47:08 PM »

Hi there tjsmith

Are you taking HRT due to early menopause?

You may still be having some sort of cycle though, if it is happening monthly so it is likely that you are experiencing pre-menstrual anxiety because your own hormones are kicking in?

What dose/type of HRT are you on? Maybe you need a higher dose as you are so young?

Hurdity x

tjsmith

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 06:39:37 PM »

Hi there

Yes I am but on my notes says pmdd.
I am on 100mg everot patch and a mirena coil.

He said my periods would eventually stop on this combination which should stop these severe periods of anxiety each month.

I still don't know if my own hormones are still playing a part at the moment.

X

Tealady12

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 07:38:01 AM »

Hi there tjsmith

So sorry to hear how awful your anxiety is each month. I don't know if I can be much help but I too suffer with this cyclical anxiety. I know how horrible and debilitating it is. I'm 45 and have had the mirena for 2 years and had tried different oestrogen tablets before being given Oestrogel. It does take a few months for your periods to lessen and then hopefully stop after having the mirena fitted. 
I have found that the anxiety has eased over time, though some months it comes back with a vengeance. When it does I try to really look after myself, tricky with 2 children and a bonkers puppy but I try to tell myself that it will pass. I do think that my own hormones are probably still battling with those from the HRT and this may cause the ups and downs. Be kind to yourself on those horrible days and I do hope things settle down soon. Best Wishes XX

tjsmith

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 05:51:52 PM »

Thank you for your replies.

It helps to know you not alone.
Im getting myself into a bit of a state as felt hrt might be the answer for the anxiety issues each month, not come on this month and anxiety seems to be Iasting longer than normal.

Its hard to know if genuinely hormones or just me sometimes.

seeing gynae 17th he adamant hormones but now into 4th month hrt  :-\