Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Citalopram for anxiety  (Read 15766 times)

Rowan

Re: Citalopram for anxiety
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 12:42:38 PM »

Just remembered the Claire Weeks books are very good really helped me.

http://www.claireweekes.com.au/

bev567901

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 04:13:10 PM »

Sorry BusyLizzie sounds awful. I know some AD's are best taken in the morning & some at night. I guess however your GP tells you. The dreams/nightmares are normal but horrid. Side effects will wear off in time but horrible once again whilst you have them. It sounds like you have a lot of physical things to get better from in mind & body. I don't have much faith in medical services at the mo so just in case the magic end of the month thing does not come or it lengthens I would try & do as much work yourself on the anxiety in the meantime then you haven't wasted from now until then. Sorry to be so down on the NHS but that is my experience. Sleep is very important so I hope you got your nap xx

Mrs January

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 04:24:44 PM »

Hi

I always take my Citralopram in the mornings....what do other people do???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 05:15:46 PM »

I take my 5mg AD at night and 5mg in the morning.  If depression gets worse I add 5mg at night.

Busy, involved, dreams are par for the course  ::)

Mrs January

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 08:01:37 PM »

I find it interesting to take it at night.....Only as my lovely friend on AD's said I should always take it before noon..... she said it keeps us alert if taken at night.....not sure really but works for me in the mornings.

I do however take HRT at lunchtime as I find I get on better with it than taking it first thing in the morning xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »

It depends on how taking your medication fits in with your daily routine.  The reason I take medication at night is that I am at home if there are any side-effects, most of which I now sleep through.  At one time I was taking a mix throughout the day every 4 hours.  Now I take an AD and a Beta-blocka at night.  Fits in unless we are away then I take it at breakfast time with the cuppa.

As long as ADs are taken at the same time within 24 hours then they will work correctly.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:12:55 PM by CLKD »

bev567901

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 04:07:45 PM »

Some are sedating so best taken at night & it kills two birds with one stone so to speak! Some keep you awake so have to be in the morning. I think some people get the exact opposite symptoms though so it must be hard for the doctors. I would recommend the same time every day thing & always with food unless specified. I can have the most awful period pains but won't take anything for them unless I have eaten. I never took my pain killers after my c sections either in case I didn't wake for baby, how stupid is that  :-X :-X  xx

Busylizzie

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 05:03:22 PM »

Hi again ladies,
Thanks so much for all your support, it really helps and means a lot to me.  I am pretty sure all my health issues are menopause related or triggered by it as they all seem to be auto immune in nature and if I could actually get through to menopause I would feel an awful lot better.  I have had HRT Elleste Duet was last one 2 years ago but the withdrawal bleeds were horrendous and the gynae who did the hysteroscopy would not give me anything else.   I felt this last year that the night sweats had eased and finally periods were getting further apart and that maybe I had got through it all, I thought a year last Oct was the last one!  So opted for my hip op and the night before surgery after 7 months a period arrived, believe me I do a very good Victor Meldrew!  Now this Christmas another one although nowhere near as heavy as in the past.
     I feel a little calmer today, not shaking so much inside, but I feel very tired, OH said I was talking a lot of jibberish in my sleep, and I know that I was dreaming a lot but can't remember them. Thankyou Silverlady for the nomorepanic web site, it looks really helpful and useful. 
Hugs everyone, Busylizzie

Busylizzie

Re: Citalopram for anxiety Update
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »

Hi ladies,
I just thought I would give an update, there has been a lot of stuff going off but I maybe finally getting some answers.  When I saw my GP in mid Jan in a real worried state he repeated all my bloods that I had done last November on Rheumy request.  I then got my MRI results and mouth biopsy results and thankfully they came back all clear.  The next day I found out my blood calcium was borderline high and needed repeating, this time with PTH hormone as well.  I got the 2nd lot of blood results on Friday and they are both high and he thinks it is Primary Hyperparathyroidism, he is going to send me to see an endocrinologist.  He said it is a benign tumour on one of the  parathyroid glands, so then I said so why didn't it show up on the MRI or neck ultrasound??  He said he didn't know but also that he has never seen this in his career until this year and I am the 2nd one and it's only Feb.  So have to have a chest x ray, an abdo scan and more bloods for CA125 and CA19-9 and a 24 hr urine collect.  I still have a reactive lymph node on neck, still have a blocked salivary duct which burst 2 weeks ago, saw oral maxillary and they want an x ray of mouth looking down, still have the oral lichen planus in mouth and this morning the duct lump which refilled after bursting , burst again.  I don't see oral consult until the 19th but I am hoping this time he can offer some help in unblocking the stricture caused by scarring on floor of mouth from where they biopsied the lesion, he is sure that is what is stopping the saliva exiting.
I already have Hypothyroidism and am on Thyroxine, from what I have read with hyperparathyroid they often watch and wait especially if they don't see it on the scans.  My mother is 82 and has severe osteoporosis, she has had so many fractures in her spine and I really do not want to go through what she has if I can help it.  On a brighter note, my GP gave me Vagifem for the dried out down belows and it is helping, the soreness and discomfort has really eased and he said it could also be due to the hyperparathyroidism which can affect mucus membranes i.e. mouth as
well.  I am really thirsty all the time and have to drink lots to prevent kidney stones from the high calcium which is being leached out of my bones.  I still feel very worried but at least am getting answers now.
Hugs to all, Busylizzie

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 06:04:31 PM »

Oh how awful: being only a few people in the World with a known condition can be difficult until one gets some answers.  Let  us know how you get on!

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 06:37:04 PM »

I'm pleased that you now know what the problem is Busylizzie and hope that things get sorted soon. There is a lot of info on the NHS site about this condition and it seems that if it is mild then no treatment is necessary http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hypoparathyroidism-hyperparathyroidism/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Try not to worry too much.

Taz x  :hug:
Pages: 1 [2]