Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Damn Piles...  (Read 3874 times)

Cassie

Damn Piles...
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:05:37 AM »

Does anyone else suffer from external haemmorrhoids? I have had a few for many, many years, they dont really bother me, but it does hurt at times when going to the loo. I cannot imagine anyone operating on me down there to remove them, ooh no! I just wondered if there is anything one can do, I know that you get creams etc, but these are like little grape seeds and they are not internal anymore, have had them for so close on 20 years, so I guess that I just have to live with them if I dont want surgery, not nice though...:(

Maryjane

Re: Damn Piles...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:36:00 AM »

I had surgery about twenty years ago, wasn't as bad as people say or I can't remember as bad as it was ;D, anyway haven't had them since. Just got a bladder prolapse instead now, and the start of VA oh the joys.

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 10:56:43 AM »

I get them from time to time. Very uncomfortable. Think mine would have to be very bad before I resorted to having an op though. Not sure there's much else you can do.

lubylou

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 03:55:48 PM »

Had them once in France used cream over the counter stuff I think you can get OTC things there that are only on Prescription in UK. I assume you have tried creams from dr? Just a thought but if they are small I would have thought some kind of lazer treatment would be possible without the need for surgery. I remember it was miserable and you have my sympathies.

oldsheep

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 05:15:42 PM »

Yup have had these. I used over the counter cream (Sainsburys do one; probably other supermarkets too, or there's the charmingly named Anusol).

Good idea to try eating ground golden linseed in the mornings, then drinking a glass of water or tea afterwards. That should make things um ,easier!

Winterose

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 03:06:37 PM »

Try Hemoclin - its quite expensive but when I started the 5;2 diet got constipation and eventually ended up with fissures and small piles . Its a foam made from aloe Vera and worked really well , all sorted now and eat prunes on diet day,its in larger branches of boots.  :D