Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xmas presents with zero thought  (Read 10126 times)

Limpy

Re: Xmas presents with zero thought
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 06:57:38 PM »

Like my sister - a bar of soap for my 60th  :o

CLKD - What would you have said if she had't given anything at all?
What happened, to the token bit of  "I want actions or a token"

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 07:00:00 PM »

It isn't printable.  As it is she hasn't contacted us, according to Mum since 31st she has had a bad throat  :-\ ………. there's a lot of emotional baggage going on - she could have asked before hand but I don't think she remembered that I was 60 this time round …….

Ju Ju

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 01:20:29 AM »

We all write lists, which has proved very successful. I asked for contributions towards an ipad shared between Christmas and my 60th in March. They clubbed together and bought it for Christmas. My daughter has just told me to ask for contributions towards the airfare to USA to see my son graduate his paramedic degree in May. This would be wonderful, as I had many tears through his childhood due to his severe dyslexia. He left school barely illiterate. I am so full of pride and admiration of what he is achieving.

My parents don't want much, so I put together a hamper, including alcohol. They are in their late 80s, growing old disgracefully, having been teetotal when I was a child! My lovely mum-in-law was the hardest one to buy for. She would give anything she didn't want back! One year, I found a large carved wooden cat. She loved it and now I have it as a reminder of her. She made it very clear she loved me.

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 07:47:17 AM »

My mum at 91 is really hard to buy for.

This year my hubby who is a bit of an artist painted her a lovely picture. It was not the kind of thing he normally does as it was very "chocolate box". He then mounted and framed it. She absolutely loves it and anyone who comes into the house is proudly shown the picture.  For her birthday last year he made her a number plaque for her house which is also beautifully painted. He has sold quite a few of those.
They are different kinds of gifts and although they did not cost much money wise there was hours of time put into them and I think she really likes having something personal made for her.

We do give paintings to other family members for big anniversaries and the like and as they are not something you can buy in the shops they seem to be a big success. He has had quite a few commissions for individual stuff. Good job he likes painting really  ;D

Honeyb
x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 01:43:26 PM »

My mum at 91 is really hard to buy for.

This year my hubby who is a bit of an artist painted her a lovely picture. It was not the kind of thing he normally does as it was very "chocolate box". He then mounted and framed it. She absolutely loves it and anyone who comes into the house is proudly shown the picture.  For her birthday last year he made her a number plaque for her house which is also beautifully painted. He has sold quite a few of those.
They are different kinds of gifts and although they did not cost much money wise there was hours of time put into them and I think she really likes having something personal made for her.

We do give paintings to other family members for big anniversaries and the like and as they are not something you can buy in the shops they seem to be a big success. He has had quite a few commissions for individual stuff. Good job he likes painting really  ;D

Honeyb
x

How lovely.  She's obviously very proud of him too. :)

Pages: 1 [2]