Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bowel test and endoscopy  (Read 8977 times)

Smokey

Re: Bowel test and endoscopy
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 05:33:17 PM »

Thanks honeybun for your reply, I still felt the same after dinner into early evening, but then it just disappeared !
Once I got home may be I just relaxed after all we were at Mother in laws and that in . It's self can be stressful

I think also it's not good to go too long between meals if you have Ms, I think Limpy mentioned something about it.
My son has diabetes and he also so said it sounds a bit like him just before a hypo!

I think maybe I should mention it to my ms nurse and about my

legs if their not back to there normal selves next week,

And yes thank you I am feeling better now xx

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 12:53:38 AM »

Juju have you had your results back yet?

Sorry not been well and missed this. My GP told me all is fine. I have been given another appointment with the consultant, even though he said that if all is well he wouldn't see me again. Maybe for reassurance, because of the pain or maybe the tight bends have a bearing on the IBS symptoms I am experiencing. Whatever, it will be a chance to ask a few questions, plus it will be useful if there is any fall out from the copious amounts ABs pumped into me. I had to stay in hospital as asthma suddenly became severe. I had a chest infection. I am so glad you are ok.

Smokey

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 11:44:06 AM »

Hi Juju you poor thing chest infection with asthma is bad enough but hospital too, you must have been poorly are you better now?

I have my docs app tomorrow morning to see if results are back from biopsies that were taken,and to discuss more HRT as I'm on my last box.
And about coming off Nortriptyline as some days I just done feel well and as I've been on them 3 years am wondering if I'm having side effects when I was originally prescribed them I had just gone into meno and was starting HRT at same time I know I will reduce them at 10mg each week to avoid withdrawal. I'll keep you posted.

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »

Hi Smokey,

Yes, have had a rather surreal experience. The day before I had seen the GP and we agreed I did not have a fever, though I was struggling with asthma. I had had a mild virus. The nature of things changed in the night and the GP came to see me and called for an ambulance. she wouldn't let my husband take me in the car. 24 hours in the high dependency ward, then a further 24 hours observation to make sure I was stable. Sad because up until last march, I had been able to manage asthma very well even with infections. In fact, most of my friends were unaware I had asthma. I'm still struggling with my breathing so I shall have to back to the GP. I was given some medication to support my gut, which seems to be misbehaving just as it did before. No change.

My biopsies are clear, so my problems are functional. I hope all is well for you. Were you given an appointment with the consultant?

Smokey

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2014, 09:38:12 PM »

Hi Ju Ju

Yes I have a follow up appointment with consultant date to be advised, saw my normal doc today my urine sample was also clear biopsies not back yet but she said she's not too concerned and that if I had two extra periods in two months that could well be the cause of my anema"! She couldn't believe the other doctor told me that wouldn't be the cause! But now she is also writing to hospital to arrange a scan of womb/pelvis and internal scan of my uterus to check to see if lining is still thin as it should be!

On the plus side I have new 6 month prescription for HRT extra iron pills incase it's still low when my blood test comes back and done my prescription review and more eye gel for dry eyes, oh and told her I'm reducing the Nortriptyline .

So all in all I've got lots sorted.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »

I had a letter from the NHS today about a bowel test pack  :o .. DH laughed, it's because I am now 60  ::)

Smokey

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 04:17:05 PM »

Ooh CLKD is that the one where you take a sample and send it off?

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »

My husband is sent these every year as his mum died at aged 42 from bowel cancer. He's never done one. Men!  As he gets to 60 this year I wonder if he'll change.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 08:31:46 PM »

In Scotland we get it from 50. I have done it twice already. It's a bit of a faff but as long as you are very organised it's okay ish.
My hubby has also ignored his despite my nagging.

Men...rule unto themselves  ::)

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 08:33:54 PM »

DH did his and I will do mine.  We have done these tests before as part of a big health check 10 years ago.
Pages: 1 [2]