Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice on anti-biotics needed  (Read 10864 times)

Rowan

Re: Advice on anti-biotics needed
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 10:58:41 AM »

My sister is an Asthmatic, she had the nasty virus before Xmas, it went to her chest and started a very bad cycle of Asthma, she could couldn't breath, she managed to get to the doctors, they started her on stronger steroids and, she is already on preventative and daily inhaler.

Last time I spoke to her, it is beginning to ease, the virus can take a long time to go from system, I am still coughing.

She does attend an Asthma Clinic and is monitored, a few years ago my brother nearly died with sever asthma attack, they had to break to front door down to get to him, he had manage to dial 999  before he passed out, he was in intensive care for 48 hours.

Asthma is frightening and should never be underestimated.

Ju ju if it gets too bad ring for help don't take chances.

Ju Ju

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 09:07:48 AM »

Thank you. Just had another rough night, not like last weekend, as the infection has cleared. Nights are worse. I don't feel at risk, more undermined now. The biggest problem is that Salbutamol (Ventolin) no longer gives any relief. The GP proved what I had been saying, when she visited before packing me off to hospital. She had me take 6 puffs in my spacer, equivalent to a nebuliser dose, but it had no effect on my o2 levels at all. I'm very tired. I am managing to do less active chores round the house, sorting out boxes of junk etc., all those things you never get round to normally. I keep doing knocking things over and can't look after my grandson. I certainly wouldn't risk driving. I'm not alert. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to get help if I feel at risk, rather than undermined.   

Rowan

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »

My sister use to be on the blue inhaler, but it wasn't enough, she has another one now, not sure what it is, I know there is a brown colour one, next time I speak to her I will ask her, she has spoken about a nebuliser.

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 05:54:00 PM »

Normally I have a Seretide 125 inhaler as a preventer inhaler and as a reliever inhaler I have been trialing Atrovent, as Salbutamol no longer gives any relief. I have been prescribed Serevent 250, along with a longer ,stronger course of Prednisolone and more antibiotics. My peak flow readings are about 3/4 of what they are normally, sometimes lower. I have had asthma since being a few months old. It has always been there, severe as a child, but in the last twenty years, it was so well controlled, that as long as I took the inhalers regularly, I could forget I had asthma. I really don't know what I'm dealing here. This is different and I can't get any relief. We have decided not to mess around, but to go back to the GP tomorrow, husband in tow this time, unless I start feeling better over night.

Ju Ju

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 12:57:11 PM »

Still not getting better. Further chest X-ray clear, bloods fine apart from one to do with liver slightly raised. To be retested in 2 weeks. Gp keeps asking me if I over indulge in alcohol, but I can't drink much as I don't process it we'll. I can only drink a small glass of white wine and at the moment not at all. Hubbie has always said I was a cheap date! Gp doesn't seem to believe me! Going to have a spirometer test next week. Hope this shows better what I am experiencing. The wheezing is made worse by activity, but after a wait of an hour at last doctor's visit, my breathing had calmed down. Frustrating. Got an appointment with consultant next month. Hope to get this all sorted, as I can't get on with normal life. God knows what I would be doing if I was still working.

Rowan

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 03:30:41 PM »

So sorry that you are still not well Juju, the slight raised Liver count could just be that you are fighting an infection. My nephew was not well and had to go to hospital, his liver count was high, and they accused of him of taking too much paracetamol!! or drinking, it turned out that he has
Gilbert's syndrome that is harmless and can be inherited.

He did have to have his Appendic out though.

Really hope you get all this sorted out.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:44:17 PM by silverlady »

Ju Ju

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 08:27:12 AM »

Yeh! Slept all night, still sitting up though. The feeling that someone is squeezing the air out of my breathing tubes has eased and I am slowly getting back to living again. Hubbie took me to the supermarket yesterday and managed a half hours shop, before I had had enough. A good measure of how I feel, as I love shopping! Online shopping has been a boon, but takes ages. I think asthma effects me mentally as well as physically. I found I couldn't think clearly and take things on board. I'm taking my hubbie on all appointments as I don't remember things. I don't want to drive yet. I am glad that I have been given an appointment with the consultant next month, so I can manage this so it never happens again. ( twice in 10 months after 20 years of being well managed). I will never be complacent about breathing again! And the IBS? Irritable, but no where near as bad as it was the last time I was forced to take ABs.
Pages: 1 [2]