Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Estradot and Utrogestan..advice please!  (Read 31955 times)

ellie66

Re: Estradot and Utrogestan..advice please!
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2014, 07:43:08 PM »

Diamonds if you are in London could you afford a private menopause appointment? Or even hop on a train out of Paddington to see Dr Annie Evans http://www.drannieevans.com/ You can also Skype, email or call her. 

It may be worth paying for one or two appointments privately to get this sorted out. Dr Currie is obviously too far but Dr Annie Evans seems very like minded and progressive with regards HRT.

ellie66

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2014, 08:38:33 PM »

Diamonds there is also Marie Stopes in London http://www.mariestopes.org.uk/Womens_services/Menopause_check.aspx

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2014, 09:18:12 PM »

Thanks Ellie,yes I am considering a private consultation if things don't settle down. I may send Dr Currie an email to get some advice from her as a  first port of call though. I hadn't thought of Marie Stopes..will have a look there too, thanks for the links.
Diamonds and pearls x

ellie66

« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2014, 11:03:11 PM »

Dr Currie is great for email but if you need a prescription perhaps Marie Stopes or Dr Annie. I live commuter area to London my male GP is lovely he is a colleague but if I need more expert "girlie/female discussion" advice I think I will hop on a train to Dr Annie  :)

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »

Ladies,you have been great with your advice thus far,but just one more question before I think I shall have to go back to my GP. I am still bleeding on my 25 mcg estradot patch and 100mg Utrogestan pill.It ebbs and flows but after an almost clear day yesterday it has returned today and is more bloody with come little 'stringy' clots as well..I felt ok yesterday, until I applied a new patch, and after that started to feel very anxious, emotional, PMT-ish and generally unwell.This has continued today, plus hot flushes and the extra bleeding which was very depressing to see.
So..has anyone else experienced this on such a low dose hrt? I was on low dose tablet hrt for 5 years previously but it never made me feel like this..quite the opposite in fact! I don't understand, I'd have thought the oestrogen would make me feel better,not worse.. is it possible that this combination just does not suit me? I am wondering whether to ask my GP for the very lowest dose tablet hrt as I just feel I am getting no benefit from this regime.of course,in the light of the bleeding,whether she will agree or not is another matter!   

ellie66

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2014, 06:05:45 PM »

Not on a patch but yes on Femston 1/10MG until it was increased to Femston 2/10mg.  I think the dose could be too low.

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2014, 06:24:23 PM »

Ellie, I would need a conti hrt though as I am 4 years post meno..I feel so confused I don't understand why I should carry on bleeding with such a low dose of oestrogen and why it should have stepped up  after a changed the patch..unless that's coincidence. All I know is that the combination is making me feel quite unwell now,The first 2 months were ok and most of my flushes were relieved.but now I am starting to feel almost as bad as when I was off the hrt altogether.
Diamonds and pearls x

ellie66

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2014, 07:18:50 PM »

Exactly how I was and my Femston was upped to 2/10MG.

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2014, 08:26:07 PM »

Ellie that's interesting..but I doubt my GP would increase my dose in view of my age..she was pretty reluctant to prescribe the low dose due to my previous bleeding issues.I will see what she says though.
Diamonds and pearls x 

ellie66

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2014, 08:39:10 PM »

It may be worth a second opinion from Marie Stopes as your GP does not seem supportive. They can prescribe too. The fees should be reasonable as they are a charity. HRT on a private script does not cost a lot.

Also Margaret Pyke the NHS Contraceptive clinic offers HRT too. They would be free.

I think you could be on the wrong dose as it works at first they stops working. You could try sequential I believe Hurdity says there is no reason not too. I shall stick to sequential like Hurdity so I know where I am  :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:41:37 PM by ellie66 »

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2014, 08:57:06 PM »

Thank you Ellie, all useful info.I am not sure what to think but at least I have some options. I will discuss sequential hrt with my GP too and see what she says... I just want to feel better!
Diamonds and pearls x

Sarah2

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2014, 07:22:33 AM »

It can take 6 months for a conti regime to settle down, especially with Utrogestan. But your oestrogen levels may to be too low as well which is why the bleeding is coming - or, you are not absorbing the utro very well and that is why you are bleeding.

You don't have to have conti HRT post meno- some women choose to have a sequi regime. Many GPs though are a bit reluctant to deviate from the 'rules' though.

Diamonds and pearls 53

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2014, 11:21:53 AM »

Just a quick update, I have seen my GP and as I had anticipated she has asked me to come off hrt as I am still bleeding on this regime. I was also feeling progressively unwell and It seems likely that this was caused by the conti Utrogeston. She has, however, agreed to refer me to a Menopause clinic to see if there is  a solution to my bleeding problems so I have not quite given up on trying to find a way to stay on hrt post 60..

Diamonds and pearls x 

Hurdity

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »

Hi Diamonds and pearls

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear you have been asked to come off HRT, and that you have been feeling unwell on the continuous progesterone (sadly you may well be one who is intolerant) but great news that your GP is referring you to a menopause clinic!

I hope you manage to find a solution and the clinic is able to find out the cause of your bleeding problems. Do keep us posted and hope you are feeling better.

Hurdity x  :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]