Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: People Intolerance.  (Read 9443 times)

honeybun

Re: People Intolerance.
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2013, 10:03:32 AM »

Also meant to say being short does not help. Sometimes people breath on your head  :o
Now I know that couldn't be you Taz  ;D

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2013, 10:33:28 AM »

If you find someone breathing on you between your shoulder blades then it might just be me - not in the summer though when the days are far too long!

Taz x  :D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2013, 02:36:30 PM »

Mine takes large mouthfuls of food then chews for ages ....... or gets something down the 'wrong' way and coughs, followed by a few sneezes ...... if I even hint, i.e. "it's said that men eat larger bits of food as they age" or "I cut up smaller pieces to eat these days" he looks at me like 'what are you on about' - well tonight I will be very open with my comments i.e. 'cut your grub up smaller  :cuss: '

Maggies

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »

Hi I too am becoming intolerant

I have been a nurse for 31 years and patience is my middle name. Now my OH accused me of being rude, paranoid and often angry....hey excuse me we have two teenagers at home and OH you don't help at all.......He cleaned the bathroom for the first time today in 18 years! still has the floor to do but is out on his motor bike........says it all

So OH I am being assertive to the best of my ability whilst inside I crumble every day with anxiety and feel and this menopause stuff.........your help would have been nice instead we seek divorce.....lets hope his next woman can handle him better LOL xx

honeybun

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2013, 03:30:13 PM »

Sorry to hear about your problems Maggies. Men generally don't understand meno problems. There is an advice sheet you can print off to let him read.

My hubby has not cleaned our bathroom in 29 years but on the other hand I have not changed a tyre or fixed the car  ;D. He does try to help in his own way and although he can say some insensitive things he is always there for a cuddle if I need one.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2013, 04:30:04 PM »

Aw Maggie's  :bighug:

Taz2

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2013, 04:35:08 PM »

Mine has said today that he finds it all so frustrating as he can't see what he can do to help. I have to agree with him there unless he can miraculously transform himself into an HRT patch or we can suddenly afford to live separately.

Mine have never cleaned the bathroom either - either husband or sons - and I stopped cleaning the shower a few months ago as I always have a bath and never use the shower and they use it every day but never clean it. You can guess what state it's in now.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2013, 05:07:44 PM »

At least they don't mess up your bath  ;)

My man would never think to clean the bath/loo/floors ……. but he's nifty with the Hoovery-thingy and helps if asked.  Men are not Mind Readers and often need pointing: several times: in the 'right' direction  ::) ……… if mine went out on his hobbies without taking part in the household chores then he would be employing a cleaner  ;)

Taz2

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »

It's all a case of give and take I guess. Mine has never really gone for household chores but then again he has always worked much longer hours than I have. He does the garden though which is something I would never do. It can turn into a jungle for all I care. I never notice either when he has done something such as planting up the tubs or mowing the grass and I lost count of the number of times he would get in from work around 8 on a summers evening to totally wilted tubs or hanging baskets. I can go past them all day and not notice! This is the same as him not noticing when I have tidied up or cleaned or also not noticing that something in the house needs doing. I guess we can be blind to that which doesn't interest us!

Taz x  :xmas:

honeybun

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2013, 07:04:59 PM »

Mine needs pointing in the right direction. He does make lunch a few times a week and always does Sunday dinner.
He never notices if the house needs a dust or the bed needs changing. It would never occur to him. Then again I never think of checking the oil in the car and all the rest of that kind of thing so I guess we are equal.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 [3]