Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: D'Oh  (Read 2499 times)

donkeyontheedge

D'Oh
« on: February 22, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »

Hello again - I've just read my last post and realised that I didn't ask my questions.  What I would like to know please is if anyone else experiences these horrible dry mouth/eyes and if they found any relief by taking HRT - saying that my GP wouldn't even consider it - he just said "we'll see how you cope for a couple of months as if I prescribe HRT then I'm just delaying all of the symptoms that you'll have to experience when you come off it" .  Thank you x :'(

Taz2

Re: D'Oh
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »

Hi donkeyontheedge - welcome to the forum!

Your doctor is being very unfair - is there another doc you can see? Also, have you been tested for sjogrens syndrome? This causes dry eyes and mouth http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Sjogrens-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx 

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:40:45 PM »

:welcomemm:

have you read the menus, left of screen?  Go back to your GP and tell him/her that you are not prepared to wait and that HRT can protect heart and bones !

Andrea jones

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 06:12:07 PM »

Do you have the same doc as me!!!!! As well as numerous other symptoms I also have dry eye and mouth.i constantly drink water...use systane drops for eyes. I was on prempac c HRT for 2 year and did not have one single meno symptom for the two years I was on it.unforturnately my doc, woman by the way, insisted I come off it and was totally unsympathetic. I was terrified I would go back to feeling the same way.....it was much worse!!! After having some great advice from some of the girls on here I am going back to the doc, and insisting I need help!!ah, probably come out a blubbering wreck.!!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »

Change your GP or talk with your Practice Nurse first!