Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 736073 times)

murphydurf

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #915 on: January 18, 2017, 08:44:04 AM »

Matildamouse - I'm considering alt day utro as about to have mirena removed. Was it straightforward for you? Do you take orally or vaginally? Are you ok with prog generally? Sorry for all the questions, just want to consider all options.

Mx

Hurdity

« Reply #916 on: January 18, 2017, 09:44:10 AM »

Hi Kkay

I can't comment on the ABs and hormones but if you have vagifem then do start as soon as possible - no need to wait until you have finished the ABs.As it acts locally and you are already using Estrogel it won't have any negative effect. The sooner you start local oestrogen the sooner VA will become under control.

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #917 on: January 18, 2017, 11:03:37 AM »

Kkay
Here's my advice.  It does sound as though you have a UTI (bladder) infection so get a sample of your urine to the doctor for testing a.s.a.p. - you may need a course of the right ABS to treat this. I doubt it's the progesterone or even the ABs making you feel really bad - it's more likely to be the infection from the abcess and possible urinery tract infection.
I get this horrible burning urethra and UTI type symptoms quite often, it's due to VA and when I get the urine tested there is no infection present!!!. You have a the bladder urgency so this may be an actual infection.

My prevention strategies:  As soon as I feel the burning I drink a glass of water with half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda morning and evening and the rest of the time I take good drinks of water throughout the day - this helps to flush things through and reduces the discomfort. Many women think they should drink less but it's very important to drink more.  Avoid coffee, tea, spicy food and anything acidic e.g. fruit juices, that will make the urine more acidic.
You also need some vaginal moisturiser e.g. SYLK  and possibly Multi Gyn Actigel - this will alleviate soreness and helps to get the vial flora balance back. You can get these online.

My reasoning for all this is around keeping the urogenital area in a healthy balance.  When meno hits, the urogenital area atrophies and becomes more sensitive and prone to infections e.g. bacterial vaginitis and thrush, and these infections can lead to irritation in the urethra and bladder infections. ABs will upset the gut flora and this can lead to thrush etc. - do eat lots of live yogurt to restore this flora balance.  If you have an basses you do need the ABs.
If you can get the doctor to prescribe Vagifem then you may be able to get it online through his prescription.  There is also Ovestin local oestrogen which is a cream but is a little bit stronger. The oestrogel should help things as well but may take time but I doubt it's the progesterone making you feel unwell - it is more likely to be the infection from your tooth - in my experience, I'm afraid it's a multi strategy approach to control all this. Hope this helps  DG x

matildamouse

« Reply #918 on: January 18, 2017, 12:41:13 PM »

Matildamouse - I'm considering alt day utro as about to have mirena removed. Was it straightforward for you? Do you take orally or vaginally? Are you ok with prog generally? Sorry for all the questions, just want to consider all options.

Mx

I take it vaginally (alternate days) and has no problems. When I took it orally,  it was daily but I did feel a bit sedated and woozy headed but I liked that as it helped me to fall asleep at night.

Just make sure to do regular scans.

Kkay

« Reply #919 on: January 19, 2017, 05:24:00 AM »

Thank you Dancing Girl and Hurdity for your feedback; much appreciated.

Hurdity; you're right about how its important to start the vagifem as soon as possible. My reasoning for postponing it til after I finish the progesterone days is that the progesterone always makes me feel funny in the bladder/urethra area (it affects the estrogen uptake I think) so I'm afraid to switch from powerful Premarin to weaker Vagifem while already affected by progesterone...does that make sense?

DancingGirl, I'll go have a urine test and get the bicarbonate of soda as well.

Many thanks to you both. I have no idea how I would have kept my sanity without this forum.

Cassie

« Reply #920 on: January 26, 2017, 08:01:06 PM »

I am on day 6 of my 12 day course of  Utrogestan and am so bloated, I look about 5 mths preggers.... >:(

Trufflecat

« Reply #921 on: February 08, 2017, 09:24:45 AM »

Due to start my 7 days Utrogestan tonight and I have a bit of light bleeding. Edited to add that now it looks like a proper bleed. What's that all about then? I have been on this regime for about 18 months and that hasn't happened before.
Do I start with the Utrogestan tonight or leave it for a month?
Grateful if anyone has any ideas.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:23:25 AM by Trufflecat »

Night_Owl

« Reply #922 on: February 08, 2017, 11:43:06 AM »

Trufflecat, agree with SJ, carry on as usual - however, do you normally take it v-route?   

[By comparison, I've experienced something similar - a breakthrough bleed but not a proper bleed - I'm on long cycle.  I've put it down to 'cumulative' endo build-up, over time, that breaks away - I'm well post-meno so assume it's not a natural 'background' period - and hopefully the Utro clears it all.] 

Possibly the 7 day Utro may have to be revised.  When is your next endo scan?

Hurdity

« Reply #923 on: February 08, 2017, 01:18:32 PM »

I agree with Night_Owl Trufflecat - maybe 7 days in insufficient to keep the lining thin. Sorry I can't remember where you are in menopause? If you are peri- then your own cycle might be kicking in early. Otherwise it could signal your lining is too thick and coming away without additional progesterone? Are you taking it vaginally? I can see it is a bit tricky to use it daily while bleeding and to be sure that enough is getting though to be effective....

Hurdity x

Trufflecat

« Reply #924 on: February 08, 2017, 07:09:46 PM »

Thank you for the replies. I am 53 and in peri. I think I am intolerant of progesterone and that's why I am on the 7 days (vaginally) a month plus four pumps of Oestrgen.  I have never had a scan. Perhaps I should suggest it to my GP.......who I have not seen for ages.

dazned

« Reply #925 on: February 08, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »

4 pumps is a high dose of estrogen so think that 7 days of utrogeston may not be enough to oppose the e and lining may have built up and thus is shedding. I think a scan would be a good idea if you intend to continue with your current regime.

Trufflecat

« Reply #926 on: February 08, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »

Thanks. I will phone my GP in the morning.

Catspelle

« Reply #927 on: February 09, 2017, 06:54:43 PM »

Hi have been posting on another thread about my oestregel not working after 5 months. Ha don't bloods back todayntold 256 can anyone tell em if this is high/low or what? I'm feeling pretty rough heavy meno symptoms all back waiting to see gynae. Thanks x

Hurdity

« Reply #928 on: February 10, 2017, 04:53:27 PM »

Hi Catspelle

Those levels are not high nor low - they are fine for post-menopausal woman on HRT - as long as you are not getting symptoms as they are well within the range of the follicular phase of the natural menstrual cycle. What symptoms are you getting? Most advice is to go on symptoms rather than oestrogen levels within reason. eg my oestrogen levels may well be lower than that (or somewhere around that levels) and I get no flushes nor sweats and never have done on this dose since starting HRT in late peri-menopause.

It also depends where you are in menopause and how old you are etc, and the dose? Perhaps your own cycle is kicking in?

Hurdity x

Goosieloosie

« Reply #929 on: February 12, 2017, 08:26:02 PM »

Hello ladies, I'm just feeling a bit fed up at the moment, I'm 55, 2 & half years post meno & been on the Utrogestan & Estradot patch regime for one year. Every month on the progesterone part (of which I take 200x 12days vaginally)I have suffered with migraine, so last August I tried the 100x 12 days vaginally for a couple of cycles and both times I began bleeding at around days 7 & 10 so I went back up to the  200 x 12 days regime & this works perfectly fine for me in terms of not bleeding early, except I have migraines which are particularly bad towards the end of the course and for a couple of days after stopping until the bleed begins  :( So after a very bad time the last month of taking 200 x 12 I decided this month to try alternating   between 100 day one, then 200 day two, then 100 day three etc for at least 10 days (12 days if I could get that far without migraine or bleeding), anyway I managed to take 10 days alternating but I have began bleeding on day 10, though I did take the last 200 3 days ago as I ended up with a migraine the following morning & I thought I could finish the remaining 3 days left on just 100, (obviously I cannot take the 100 as I always end up bleeding before I finish the course). So what can I do? 200 is too much, apart from migraine I feel so anxious & irritable on it & 100 is not enough to stop me bleeding before I finish the course  :-\ I'm also absolutely fed up with bleeding and having cramps that go with it, today I have felt like just packing the whole HRT thing in, all this jiggling around gets to you, if it was a simple case of taking a table each day and everything ticking along nicely....but it isn't is it? It's a constant battle of jigging and jogging things around & no sooner have I finished a bleed and it's time to start the whole flipping regime again  :'(. I'm probably just feeling sorry for myself as it's most likely progesterone withdrawal at the mo & I do forget how bad I was prior to HRT & the reason why I'm taking it....what I mean is I'll probably stop HRT and regret it a few months down the line. Any ideas or suggestions from any of you would be most welcome. Not really sure how much more I could 'tweak' this regime though  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 187