Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 187

Author Topic: utrogestan/estrogel support group  (Read 730793 times)

Cassie

Re: utrogestan/estrogel support group
« Reply #1980 on: October 03, 2019, 10:20:40 AM »

100mg x 12 days has always kept my lining nice and thin, I dont think you should stress coldlittleheart, are you able to have access to have a scan once a year or so? I tried 200mg for 12 days it was the worst ever, apart from chronic tinnitus I just knew it was too heavy, my body reacted badly. Have been using 100mg x 12 days every 8 weeks for years and years, some ladies here only use it for 7 days a month, if you have a regular scan, you should be fine.

Ladybt28

« Reply #1981 on: October 03, 2019, 12:04:07 PM »

Sorry Cassie what is you oestrogen dose?

Cassie

« Reply #1982 on: October 03, 2019, 12:17:51 PM »

1 pump a day  ;)

coldlittleheart

« Reply #1983 on: October 03, 2019, 01:01:05 PM »

100mg x 12 days has always kept my lining nice and thin, I dont think you should stress coldlittleheart, are you able to have access to have a scan once a year or so? I tried 200mg for 12 days it was the worst ever, apart from chronic tinnitus I just knew it was too heavy, my body reacted badly. Have been using 100mg x 12 days every 8 weeks for years and years, some ladies here only use it for 7 days a month, if you have a regular scan, you should be fine.

Thanks Cassie, I will see if there are private scan facilities in my area, I live in a small town in a rural area, so we might not have that here. Unless my GP doesn't object to sending me for one. Do you know what the doctor might have meant by  "the bleeding pattern is not always being brilliant with utrogestan"? I think I will make an appointment and see what she has to say, either that or she can send me to the menopause clinic.

Ladybt28

« Reply #1984 on: October 03, 2019, 01:10:08 PM »

I use 200mg for 12 days and have never dropped to 100mg because I have to use 4 pumps of gel which is considered quite high.
100mg with 1 or 2 pumps believe is considered fine but I also believe the more oestrogen you need to use, the more utrogesten you need to counter it, as the utrogestan does not remain in the body or is as powerful as some other progesterones.  I don't think I have explained that bit very well, Hurdity explains how progesterone is processed and the balance much better than me  ::) :-X

that is probably why the GP said "the bleeding pattern with Utro may not always be brilliant".  I've never had a problem, always regular and a good bleed but I'm pretty sure if I dropped to 100mg only, against 4 pumps of gell, it probably would be. xx  Hope you are catching my drift...my explanations seem to be a bit all over the place today  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #1985 on: October 03, 2019, 07:53:21 PM »

I use 200mg for 12 days and have never dropped to 100mg because I have to use 4 pumps of gel which is considered quite high.
100mg with 1 or 2 pumps believe is considered fine but I also believe the more oestrogen you need to use, the more utrogesten you need to counter it, as the utrogestan does not remain in the body or is as powerful as some other progesterones.  I don't think I have explained that bit very well, Hurdity explains how progesterone is processed and the balance much better than me  ::) :-X

that is probably why the GP said "the bleeding pattern with Utro may not always be brilliant".  I've never had a problem, always regular and a good bleed but I'm pretty sure if I dropped to 100mg only, against 4 pumps of gell, it probably would be. xx  Hope you are catching my drift...my explanations seem to be a bit all over the place today  :-\

Nah - you're absolutely fine Ladybt :)

Hurdity x

Lotielotlots

• First Flush
« Reply #1986 on: October 03, 2019, 08:22:36 PM »

Hi there. Quick question. I'm on 0.5mg Sandrena and was on 200mg Utro but was so I'll I stopped taking it after 7 days. The GP wants me to try 100mg for the month with a four day break. He can't prescribe a pessary but I understand they're better tolerated (if you're prog intolerant). Can I use the 100mg capsules I've already got but which aren't for vag use? Any other help for prog intolerance? Since stopping the Utro I've been a bit better but there are times when I can't sleep and I'm incredibly anxious most of the time. Wondering if this is the right approach for me. Thank you.

Ladybt28

« Reply #1987 on: October 03, 2019, 08:38:56 PM »

Hi Birdy - my bleeds are like clockwork like Stellajane, 4 days after stopping my progesterone and they last 3 days. I don't get much warning no brown staining to start, my insides just decide to fall out!  ;D ???  day 1 and 2 like a normal period which for me would probably be considered heavy ish, not unlike my normal periods and then on the 3rd day, it just tails off with less and less.  Sometimes I would use panty liner on day 4 but mid-day we're done!

Lotielotlots - you can use the utrogestan capsules that you take orally vaginally instead.  Same ones you swallow you just push them up inside as far as they will go.  There is no difference in the capsules any of us use vaginally than the one's that some of us swallow!  Less side effects vaginally.

coldlittleheart

« Reply #1988 on: October 03, 2019, 08:39:31 PM »

Thanks Ladybt, stellajane, I'll keep that in mind. I am still on a low dose estrogel so I should probably be ok with 100mg.

Lotielotlots

• First Flush
« Reply #1989 on: October 04, 2019, 05:05:34 AM »

Hi Birdy - my bleeds are like clockwork like Stellajane, 4 days after stopping my progesterone and they last 3 days. I don't get much warning no brown staining to start, my insides just decide to fall out!  ;D ???  day 1 and 2 like a normal period which for me would probably be considered heavy ish, not unlike my normal periods and then on the 3rd day, it just tails off with less and less.  Sometimes I would use panty liner on day 4 but mid-day we're done!

Lotielotlots - you can use the utrogestan capsules that you take orally vaginally instead.  Same ones you swallow you just push them up inside as far as they will go.  There is no difference in the capsules any of us use vaginally than the one's that some of us swallow!  Less side effects vaginally.

Thank you so much. I'm feeling so flat and anxious just on the Sandrena so wondering if the Utro would give me a bleed and some relief!

Tc

« Reply #1990 on: October 04, 2019, 11:08:20 AM »

I cant fathom the shakiness I feel on utrogestan. Day 1 and it's already started this morning  last month I took vaginally but I found it made no difference to the side effects.
X

Tc

« Reply #1991 on: October 04, 2019, 11:39:57 AM »

Could it be affecting my insulin levels?

.if so it probably wont help that I cant eat.  I had hideous cluster in the night  in the past I got classic migraine but have very occasionally had clusters so I was diagnosed with mixed migraine but I havent had a cluster for years. .
  it woke me up last night iand and I was sick. It feels like your having an aneurysm. It's awful and my sight even goes for a few seconds.

I can feel the onset of a more classic migraine coming today. I'm too nauseas to eat.

I dont know how I'm even going to make it to 7 days like this. It gets worse each month.

Sammiejane

« Reply #1992 on: October 04, 2019, 11:57:59 AM »

Joaniepat

Hi Joanie was it yourself I spoke to recently about moving from gel to the estradot patch as you weren't absorbing the gel well ?

What I wanted to know was you mentioned you were on testosterone even though your estrogen levels were low on the gel were they still low when you swapped to the patch ? As you mentioned you obsorbed better on the patch and your hair shedding stopped after about 8 weeks , just wondered because I'm at GP Tuesday and want testosterone but my estrogen is not yet at optimal levels but I can't function no more like this I have zero energy no libido effecting my relationship ! All my bloods are fine so I know it's not that effecting my fatigue , but I'm concerned if I add testosterone whilst not having optimal levels of estrogen would this make hairloss worse

Joaniepat

« Reply #1993 on: October 04, 2019, 01:58:41 PM »

Joaniepat

Hi Joanie was it yourself I spoke to recently about moving from gel to the estradot patch as you weren't absorbing the gel well ?

What I wanted to know was you mentioned you were on testosterone even though your estrogen levels were low on the gel were they still low when you swapped to the patch ? As you mentioned you obsorbed better on the patch and your hair shedding stopped after about 8 weeks , just wondered because I'm at GP Tuesday and want testosterone but my estrogen is not yet at optimal levels but I can't function no more like this I have zero energy no libido effecting my relationship ! All my bloods are fine so I know it's not that effecting my fatigue , but I'm concerned if I add testosterone whilst not having optimal levels of estrogen would this make hairloss worse
Hi SJ,
Yes, E levels still low when I swapped from gel to patch. It was the very reason why I swapped to patch. I hope I understood your question correctly.

JP x

Tc

« Reply #1994 on: October 04, 2019, 02:12:51 PM »

Thanks birdy. I think it is affecting my blood sugar. The shakiness definitely only happens on utro and i guess waking up with it but then not eating cos of migraine doesnt help with getting it back in balance.

I've hung on for my c and w appointment but whatever happens this will be my last month on utro. Back to back migraines not liveable with.  :(

Xx
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 187