Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How long have you had discharge or spotting for?  (Read 297 times)

Donnal1964

How long have you had discharge or spotting for?
« on: April 28, 2024, 08:54:20 PM »

It's coming up for 10 years from starting into peri and do get a lot of my discharge changing from fudge brown to pink to redish streaks in my clear discharge. Dr says everything is fine however
It does feel like its going on forever, last 55 days I've had 4 days totally free of it, otherwise I will get a blush or similar colour when I wipe that isn't there sometimes but is others or will fade during the day. I did have a 10 day heavy period from 26th March until 8th Apri. I know people have had similar but how long did anybodies go on for?

Alex 2024

Re: How long have you had discharge or spotting for?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2024, 06:59:19 AM »

Hi,

Well done for keeping such a good sympton diary! I had a coil fitted in early December and gave up noting symptons after 3 months. I often get discharge/bleeding similar to yours but my GP said it might take 6 months for things to settle down.
I'm also 10 years in peri.
I'm not sure whether what you're experiencing is normal or not - personally, I don't have the knowledge to advise, sorry, but if you give more information about which hrt you're on (or not) someone might be able to help. :)

Penguin

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 07:43:42 AM »

Hi when you say the doctor says you are fine, have they actually done any investigations or are they just saying you are fine because it is peri? If discharge had gone on that long for me  I'd probably want to be checked out with at least a scan and smear test x

Donnal1964

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2024, 12:10:37 AM »

I've had all the scans and smear test and all ok. This is the third one of these I've had over a 17 month period

AngelaH

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2024, 10:08:49 AM »

I know people have had similar but how long did anybodies go on for?

10+ years it took for me to go through peri, but changes in my periods were not my first peri symptoms.

So at the age of 48 my periods became more heavier and with spotting between. Then periods stopped for 3 months and came back even more heavier, then again stopped for another 3 months and returned as a real non stop for 2 months flooding with huge clots. I was fitted with marina coil eventually.

Donnal1964

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2024, 12:24:49 PM »

Thank you for that at least it gives me hope that there is an end to it all, mine is coming up to 10 years so hopefully I'm on the home straight :)

Donnal1964

« Reply #6 on: Today at 01:01:34 PM »

It's as if the tail ends of the big Easter period just doesn't want to give up, I'm not even sure if you count it as spotting or what. It's currently red veining in the normal discharge in the morning then goes lighter pink discharge and fades off for the rest of the day. I should say this is only when I wipe. It's turned tail this time round as usually its clear in morning then comes later before fading again. Is this others have experienced and how long did it last for you. Even after almost 10 years I still can never get it in my head of what is a 'normal' discharge colour during peri and what isn't. I suppose school etc banged into your head what you expect with periods into my head but nobody tells you what happens later in life. It's harder with having no female family left to ask, my husband really tries his best to find information etc for me

Donnal1964

« Reply #7 on: Today at 05:33:28 PM »

Just had about 1cm of red on the pad, then nothing apart from blush colour when I wiped