Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Too many things to manage this meno ...thingy.  (Read 2926 times)

Maggies

Too many things to manage this meno ...thingy.
« on: December 14, 2013, 10:21:57 AM »

Hi Ladies

i discovered I was in the peri meno stage earlier this year and in fact looking back for about three years. Last Christmas my marriage was in tatters, two teenagers at home and to add to it a stressful job in the mix. Now I am on AD's , propananol and taking my fourth try of HRT Femostron? some things have settled...hot flushes etc. Husband still around but on a minimal level ( seems not to understand this stage in my life) but the worst is the tiredness and anxiety.....I call it Edge! and try hard to keep it in my pocket. I avoid alcohol, caffiene etc but how do you manage the tiredness and anxiety each day........??? please give me some ideas before this lady things she had gone potty xxxxx

Lyn :)

Hurdity

Re: Too many things to manage this meno ...thingy.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 02:56:37 PM »

Hi Maggies

Sorry to hear you are still feeling tired and anxious - what type and dose of Femoston are you on? Can you link any particular episodes of tiredness and anxiety to your cycle and the particular section of HRT you are on ( eg the combi pills, or just before your bleed etc)?

It does sound like you have a lot of stress in your life which is not helped by the menopause. Are you able to get out and take exercise regularly and do you eat a healthy diet?

Do you get time for just you so that you can relax? Very important if you can....

Have you had any tests eg re iron, thyroid, blood sugar all of which can lead to tiredness  (low iron, too little thyroid hormone, high blood sugar - borderline diabetes), as well as being low on some vitamins. If your diet is very good then vitamin and mineral deficiencies are very unlikely, but worth having the standard blood tests just to get checked out, and eliminate other possibilities.

Hurdity  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 04:20:20 PM »

I can't add much to this i.e. thyroid function test, iron blood test; print off the bit to give to Husbands  ;) from the Forum (can't remember the title  ::) ), have a look at our funny room and read the menus, left of screen.

Crashing fatigue can be awful, I remember my Mum having it at a 'certain' age but didn't realise why.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 05:19:26 PM »

Hello Maggies.

I was struck by the use of the word 'edge' in your post. I often feel on edge which I experience as a mixture of irritability and anxiety, I am also very jumpy and find it hard to relax. I wonder if it is this constant state of 'nerves' that is so exhausting and causes the tiredness.
Older women I have spoken to have mentioned edginess with the menopause and have told me it does fade along with other problems when this horrible time in our lives has passed.
It would seem we are at different stages on this journey as I am 57, post menopausal and not on HRT and although I can't offer any specific advice I thought it was worth posting as I am convinced the problem is hormonal.

Wishing you well and take care.
K.

Maggies

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 09:07:07 PM »

Hi Ladies

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I have had all blood tests and no probs with thyroid and or iron. Diet is good, I have little energy just now for exercise but have a hoola hoop I use for distraction when I am edgy...... I am just ovulating again so think ( as it has been before) it is just that time again....the Femostron  has made me worse this last 8 days ...take it orally so going back to Estelle Duet 2mgs orally. I do keep thinking of trying the Mirena again with an extra dose of oestrogen......Husband a waste of support for me, kids one doing AS one doing GCSe's GRRR and I am a nurse with safeguarding children....so until I retire at 55 in four years I have to hold on in there......

Thanks again Lyn :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 09:11:18 PM »

Maybe your husband is scared of the changes and doesn't understand  :-\  :-\  ???

They aren't mind readers and often need to be pointed in the 'right' direction!  If you require more help around the house then ask, your family are Big Girls and Boys now  ;) - give them a list each ..........

Maggies

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 10:34:16 PM »

Hi
I have been asking the family including husband for help for the last two years.......If he had helped then I could have avoided the crash back in Feb ( he looked like he had had an affair too) ...not good. Still he leaves it to me, hugs occassionally if I ask and leaves the kids to me too..... time I moved on me thinks xxx