Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sandwich generation blues  (Read 5282 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sandwich generation blues
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 07:50:58 AM »

It also depends on the 'type' of relationship you have together.  I could never let M in L nor my Mum to be cleaning etc. in our house, they would never do stuff the way I do/not tackle it.  Mum never allowed me in her kitchen (I know why now  ::) ) so I had very little in the way of housekeeping skills.  I can wield a duster  ::) but DH does the cooking  :-*

If your daughter appreciates what you do, then go with it.  It keeps you in contact, even living in the same street it could be easy to drift and not see each other as often.  Keeping an open mind about how long your daughter requires support is important, thinking as stated above, about any financial requirements you may need later on. 

We had a little financial help from our parents but never banked on it.  It wasn't the way 'in our day', I went to work as soon as I left College and gave Mum B&B each week.  I earned £7.00 and she took a fiver. 

If I visit a friend and the washing up needs doing, she washes, I wipe and we chat.  If I go in during their holidays to check post, water plants I do any obvious chores so that she doesn't return to a full sink.  My sink however  ::)  .......  ;D

groundhog

Re: Sandwich generation blues
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 11:02:06 AM »

Thanks again for your replies.  We have a good relationship and I am happy to help her so I a suppose I should just leave it at that.  I think the meno has made me very anxious and I worry about everything.  I tend to over analyse everything !  This really is no big deal - like most things ATM I make it a problem when it isn't xx
Thanks all again xxx
Pages: 1 [2]