Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Definitely not depressed!  (Read 6265 times)

Dorymai

Re: Definitely not depressed!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 07:05:37 PM »

Hi Kassia, welcome to this great site! :welcomemm:

I am sorry to learn you are suffering too, menopause as we are finding, is such a life changing awful thing! You are the same age as me and the hardest thing I have found to deal with is the speed at which I seem/feel to be ageing and how it has affected my self confidence and outlook on life. Some days are much better than others though and I find it helps if I have something to look forward to, doesn't need to be much just so long as I'm looking forward!

There is lots of good advice and other info on here but best of all there are loads of lovely ladies who can empathise and take time to share their experiences!
 :hug:

Chrislm

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2013, 05:33:40 PM »

I don't know why doctors are happy to prescribe anti depressants willy nilly but not HRT!

My life was briefly horrible when the perimenopause kicked in and before I started HRT. Now I feel absolutely great again - all my energy back, on top of things, just normal, but now I appreciate normal so very much more.

I was reluctant to start taking any medication at first because I never have in the past. But now I am so glad I did. HRT has some risks but it is worth it.

And for ladies taking all sorts of other medication, surely these have risks too. As one of the other posts on one of the other sections says, lots of people take long term medication for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, joint pain etc.

If the ladies on this thread who are feeling so low haven't considered it very seriously, I can only offer my experience and say I hope that with or without HRT I hope you get your happier lives back very soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2013, 07:29:16 PM »

:thankyou:
Pages: 1 [2]