Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Moodiness!  (Read 2357 times)

Tinks43

Moodiness!
« on: November 19, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »

Hello - I was told I was menopausal a few months ago having terrible flushes, night sweats  and mood swings (I'm only 40!). I was put on Elleste Duet 2mg two months ago and they have helped so much with flushes and night sweats. However when I take the white tablets the moodiness returns - I feel quite low in mood but worse I have such a short temper (very unlike me). I have a small child and am usually really patient but find myself shouting at him and then feel terrible.
Has anyone else experienced this and have any suggestions?
Thankyou
Lucy xxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Moodiness!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »

:welcomemm:  someone will B along soon!

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:09:52 PM »

Hi Tinks  :welcomemm:

It's really good to hear that your flushes and night sweats have been helped by HRT but obviously the moodiness is something you would like to get rid of. The progesterone part of your HRT is Norethisterone which is known to give PMT symptoms, such as black mood, depression and irritability, in some women (me included!). It could be that a change to a different type of HRT with a kinder progesterone would help. This is from the menu on the left of the screen http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php and gives you the make-up of the different HRT's. Femoston 2/10 has a different progesterone which is often better tolerated.

Have a good browse around - you will find lots of support on here.

Taz x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:09:53 PM »

Taz is right Tinks - check out your options in the menu under HRT Preparations.
Your have various options e.g.  Femiston tablets have the kinder progesterone. 
I was peri from my mid 30s and was eventually put on Oestrogel and progesterone tablets to induce the withdrawal bleed each month. As you are young and may have to still think about contraception, an alternative route which would reduce the effects of progesterone could be to have a Mirena coil fitted and use transdermal oestrogen (Oestrogel or patch) alongside.
Good luck  DG x