Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: back on hrt but....  (Read 1787 times)

bordersgirl56

back on hrt but....
« on: November 01, 2013, 12:39:51 PM »

Whole heap of reasons I thought I would try going back on hrt if doc would agree, which she did even though she hadn't heard back from the Meno Clinic after six weeks!

So I am back on Evorel Conti which I have been on before and I can't remember any downside to it at all. However after only two weeks - almost immediately I have boobs that feel as though they are the size of Westminster Abbey! Other symptoms have abated and I have a slightly better mood and am sleeping better, though oddly very hot and sweaty a couple of times which was never a meno symptom for me. As long as the UTI's don't come back I'll probably stick with it.

Two questions - if I felt I could do with less - is it ok to cut the patches in half? Also any ideas why my right breast feels so itchy inside (it doesn't feel like it's an external itch if that makes any sense), to be honest it had been feeling a bit itchy before starting the patches again.

Joyce

Re: back on hrt but....
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 12:49:32 PM »

I got really sore boobs when I restarted HRT. I took starflower capsules which had around 250 GLA. Apparently much less is a waste of time. Only had to take for about 6/8 weeks, by then pain had subsided. I occasionally get itchy boob, just like you describe. Lasts a few days then goes. Not sure of the cause.

I'm on Estradot 25 and due to reduce further with view to coming off completely. My meno consultant said it was fine to cut them in half.

Dancinggirl

Re: back on hrt but....
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 02:39:21 PM »

Sounds to me as though you need a different HRT now.  Have you been following the Burning Club thread on Private Lives.  If you are getting constant UTIs perhaps you need Vagifem or oestrogen cream to get the bladder and vaginal flora back on track?
DG x