Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Low blood sugar  (Read 9871 times)

honeybun

Re: Low blood sugar
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 08:08:48 PM »

He has had comments when using disabled loos so tends not to.

Don't think the GPs surgery would be practical. Would have to find one in every town and then explain.

The injection sites vary.....thigh, tum, top of legs. If you use the same places all the time it gets sore. Same as doing the blood test....makes his fingers sore.

Miserable thing to have really. It's the teens that have it that I feel very sorry for.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 08:11:15 PM »

There's a niche in the market here  ;) .......... it might be worth while asking the Diabetic Society how others manage?  Maybe 'drop in' NHS Centres would have a room?  Might be worth mentioning it to the GP Patient Forum?  ........ mind's working over-time now  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 08:14:17 PM »

May work for others but not for him. He is a very private person. In fact very few of his friends actually know he is diabetic.
He is a no fuss about anything type.

Typical man.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 09:14:46 AM »

DH is the same - keeps his personal issues to himself. 

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 03:00:59 PM »

Unlike us who like to share.   ;D

Actually this is about the only place I share. Very inclined to bottle things up which I am not sure is a great idea.

Mind you if I was to start I am not sure when I would stop. My bog standard answer is.     Fine thanks.

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »

honeybun  why do we do this i have spoken to 2 different people today and when asked you are you i said the same  fine thanks  when truth be told my legs and my arm are killing ::)

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 04:49:24 PM »

I think if I go on too much people will get fed up with me.

I have also found if I mention meno to some I am met with a stony silence.

It's as if I am totally alone in this and as for mentioning anxiety .....well that's a mental illness and not to be spoken of at all.

I do speak a little to my sister and also my hubby. My lovely daughter knows but although she is the one I could open up to I don't as she is i only 18 and a bit of a worrier.       Wonder where she got that from.

Honeyb
X

kerrieann

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2013, 05:02:30 PM »

yes me too i keep saying to my other half i know your fed up of hearing me moan but he just says he wishes there was a simple answer it was him that made go to the docs with this groin and arm pain and now i have had x rays doc thinks it arthritis and all i can think is thats its then cause there is only pain killers for that and anything stronger than paracetamol upsets me  i have citalopram in the cupboard and hrt patches i tried for just a little while and had side effects so gave up i feel so damn low  but like you say to the outside world everythings fine  :)

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 02:10:47 PM »

Sorry I butted in too ..........  :-[

The title can be altered ......... oh see it has been  ::)

Evenstar

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 08:25:37 PM »

I suffer with bouts of low blood sugar when I will get suddenly weak, irritable etc etc, but I have suffered with this since being a teenager.
     I had tests done which showed up nothing. I also had test after test during pregnancy as I constantly had sugar present in my urine , all of which were inconclusive, so my Dr told me I most probably had an over active pancreas which was flushing all the sugar out too fast.
   I have to avoid all kinds of sugary treats as much as I can, never miss meals and eat plenty of fruit/ foods containing natural sugar.
  If I stick to this (which isn't easy)  I must say I do feel much better.
  So wondering if maybe this could be the reason the thread starter is suffering.x

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2013, 03:18:44 PM »

Eating every 3 hours even throughout the night - if one gets up for a bathroom visit, eat a biscuit before going back to sleep!

bev567901

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 06:12:11 PM »

I agree with this meno/peri needing to eat. I have always been able to see to everyone else first no matter how hungry I was but suddenly the peri hits & I have to eat on time. Its like being a baby. I get so anxious then I feel so sick so then have to eat feeling dreadful but then it makes you feel better. What I do is have normal meals planned but as back up I have M & S meals that can just be microwaved in 5 mins so if the meal I am making is delayed I don't go into a spiral of anxiety I have a way out.  I also have added a fourth meal to the day about 9-10pm nothing much just something easy & what I fancy. I want nothing sweet just savoury, I have no idea what has happened to my chocolate love. I used to be a veggie but now I want meat very strange? B x

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 06:46:39 PM »

Lots of women find they crave meat  ;)

Ju Ju

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 06:56:31 PM »

Just been looking at the posts on this subject. I am prone to low blood sugar episodes, but try to follow advice given by a nutritionist. Eat little, but often, rather 6 small meals than 3 big ones. Always have some protein in a meal. Beware of sugary foods. Sugar may give quick relief and useful if you are desperate, but it's effect does not last long. Then you can dip down even lower. Better eat foods, which release energy slowly. I find that if I have porridge for breakfast, I can last for much longer. Mid morning I may have a piece of homemade HRT cake. Full of good things like seeds and almonds, molasses instead of refined sugar. Not noticed that it helps with menopausal symptoms though. Sometimes, I eat some nuts. I can't eat large amounts of food at one sitting anyway, as it makes me feel rough.

bev567901

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2013, 08:28:57 PM »

CLKD chicken!!! or even a dreadful pork pie no sausages!!!   I have 5 sausage dogs though I love them. B x
Pages: 1 [2]