Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Please can I check something?  (Read 4761 times)

Dandelion

Please can I check something?
« on: November 02, 2013, 12:11:39 PM »

This thread says that Femoston 1/10 is a continuous HRT.

My HRT is Femoston 1/10 but I am still having periods.

The Femoston I have has 14 white pills and 14 grey pills, you have to take the white pills first and then the grey.

Is my HRT the sequi?

Instead of starting to take mine on the first day of my cycle, I wrongly started taking then on the 24th day of the last cycle.
I cam on my period, however, on day three of taking the white pills.
I am just finishing my period now. I know this is not a big problem as Hurdity has confirmed that, i just thought I would mention it in case it has anything to do with the reason my symptoms have worsened.

They were ok the following day, but have worsened slightly over the last few days, and I even had sweats today.
It's good for my energy costs though as I have not yet turned on my heating and i am in the south of the UK where it always seems that few degrees warmer.

Am I right in saying that the flushes and sweats returning and worsening, are normal, and they will go away in the next few weeks? maybe a bit longer?

Many thanks.

honeybun

Re: Please can I check something?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »

I thought these were the new HRT after you were given the conti by mistake.

As we have said before HRT can take a while to settle, you just have to give it time. Perhaps after three months you will decide this is not the one for you and try something different.
Flushes go quickly on patches but not so much on pills.

Good news about the heating though  ;D

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 12:33:04 PM »

Didn't your doc change your HRT then Dandelion? Like Honeybun I thought that they had agreed to put you onto a sequi one?

You need to take it for at least three months - whichever one you are on - to find out if it works or not.

Taz x

Dandelion

Got pills changed, have I still got the wrong ones?
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 12:53:23 PM »

Didn't your doc change your HRT then Dandelion? Like Honeybun I thought that they had agreed to put you onto a sequi one?

You need to take it for at least three months - whichever one you are on - to find out if it works or not.

Here's the picture of the packet and pills

Taz x
Hi Taz and Honey

Yes, my doctor did change my pills.
At first she gave me 28 yellow pills a month, now, she has given me 14 white oestradoil only, and 14 grey dygesterone and oestradiol pills.
I have to take them every day.
There is one mg of oestradiol and 10mg dygesterone.

Are these still the wrong ones?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 01:00:57 PM by Dandelion »

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 12:58:45 PM »

Femoston 1/10 is a continuous sequential HRT which means for the first fourteen days you take one type of pill and for the next fourteen you take the other type of pill. The second lot contain both oestrogen and progesterone. The first lot only contain oestrogen. Once your cycle is sorted out you should get a bleed when you stop the second lot of pills i.e. a few days into the new pack. You start on the white pills and then after fourteen days stop the white ones and start the grey ones.

http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/2493/spc

Taz

Dandelion

Thanks, but do I need to see my doctor again (pic enclosed)
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2013, 01:04:13 PM »

Femoston 1/10 is a continuous sequential HRT which means for the first fourteen days you take one type of pill and for the next fourteen you take the other type of pill. The second lot contain both oestrogen and progesterone. The first lot only contain oestrogen. Once your cycle is sorted out you should get a bleed when you stop the second lot of pills i.e. a few days into the new pack. You start on the white pills and then after fourteen days stop the white ones and start the grey ones.

http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/2493/spc

Taz
Thanks, but are they still the wrong ones?
Do I need to go back to my doctor again?
If so, what do I ask for?
Here is a pic of my pills

http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/starfish53/media/IMAG0027_zps338c37e6.jpg.html?filters[user]=114238321&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 01:08:04 PM »

If you have a look at the link I posted you will see that it is for women who are still experiencing periods - well I think it does  :-\

It is a continuous sequential HRT - this means that you take pills in a specific sequence but you take them continuously without a break between packs.

It should give you a bleed each month. It will probably take a little while to sort out your cycle as you started them on a different day to the one they advise but it wont do you any harm as Hurdity has said. As long as you take the white ones for the first fourteen days and then go onto the other ones you wont go far wrong. It should give details in the pack?

Taz  :)

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 01:32:35 PM »

If you have a look at the link I posted you will see that it is for women who are still experiencing periods - well I think it does  :-\

It is a continuous sequential HRT - this means that you take pills in a specific sequence but you take them continuously without a break between packs.

It should give you a bleed each month. It will probably take a little while to sort out your cycle as you started them on a different day to the one they advise but it wont do you any harm as Hurdity has said. As long as you take the white ones for the first fourteen days and then go onto the other ones you wont go far wrong. It should give details in the pack?

Taz  :)

Hi Taz.

That means I don't have to go back to the doctors again.
Great, that's all I wanted to know.