Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: post meno bleeding on conti hrt?  (Read 9408 times)

Hurdity

Re: post meno bleeding on conti hrt?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 06:17:01 PM »

Hi again

I haven't read enough about thin linings to know what's normal and trying to Google it most of the info is about thickened linings for obvious reasons! It just know (from reading about it) that it is possible that an atrophic uterus lining can bleed, that this is sometimes a consequence of too much progesterone (eg it is known to happen with Mirena)  but I've no idea what range of thicknesses can cause this or how often it might occur. Presumably also this will vary from woman to woman like everything else. I would have thought that ulceration which can occur due to this, would be visible through a hysteroscopy (but not sure whether trans-vaginal scan would show it).  I don't think it's serious, as a thickened lining can be - but just a reason for bleeding. Sorry I don't know more about it.

Re patches - well we all like to promote what we are using - but I use Estradot - (which are very small compared to the other estrogen patches - and stick well) together with bio-identical micronised progesterone - available as the brand Utrogestan.  Apart from a short period on Evorel I have only ever used bio-identical oestrogen and progesterone, as being better (more "natural") replacements than synthetic hormones that are different from what our body produces. You will need a doctor who is prepared to listen to you and not look up in their book and say either that they can't find it (the micronised progesterone), or that it isn't used much!!

All the products are listed in the menu on the left ( green writing), under HRT preparations.

You should use a vaginal oestrogen even if you have stopped full HRT, to keep vaginal atrophy and bladder problems at bay! There is no real age limit or recommendation for this to stop.

Hurdity  x

Diamonds and pearls 53

Re: post meno bleeding on conti hrt?
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 07:02:39 PM »

Thanks Hurdity ,I have seen my G.P and she was somewhat surprised about my experience at the hospital,especially as it would appear that the Consultant had not received her referral letter which detailed everything very clearly (she read it out to me.) She was sympathetic but said I must stay off any form of hrt until the consultants report comes back to her. I mentioned patches and said I would prefer to try them  if I continue, and she said that was a possibility. She also said I could have  vaginal oestrogen,should I need it, if I  do not resume hrt. She had no idea about the thin endometrium but your comments do make sense-I did tentatively suggest  there may have been too much progesterone  opposing the oestrogen in my tablet hrt  and this could have caused the bleeding but she had no idea. I can see she is not very clued up but at least she was receptive so we will see.
So for now I have to wait..

Diamonds and Pearls
Pages: 1 [2]