Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Parcel delivery  (Read 11923 times)

Taz2

Re: Parcel delivery
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 09:35:04 PM »

Holland and Barrett use Hermes for their deliveries Bramble according to their website.  "Orders are usually delivered within 4 working days between 8am - 9pm via our selected courier Hermes."

Mystery solved maybe!

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 09:36:38 PM »

Miss Marple strikes again and solves another case.

;D

Honeyb
X

R4CT0M

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2013, 09:38:08 PM »

I've had Holland and Barrett via courier ;)

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2013, 10:31:58 PM »

:lol:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 01:32:34 PM »

But RM are threatening to strike!

bramble

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 03:08:08 PM »

Parcel arrived today - morning delivery - arrived 11.45am! And yes it was from Holland & B*rrett. One jar of vitamins. Have sent a stiff email to them complaining........ And the worst thing is they charged me for delivery! No more!

Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 05:00:08 PM »

Why shouldn't they charge for delivery  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 06:07:56 PM »

I thought that most places charged for delivery and some, such as Cotton Traders, also charge you if you have to return the goods.

It should have been £1.99 if the order was under £20 Bramble. It's under the FAQ's on their website.

Taz x  :-\

bramble

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 07:17:10 PM »

I don't mind paying for delivery if it is hassle free but the fact I have paid for this delivery is rubbing salt into the wound. I hope I have not been charged for all the abortive attempts to phone the mobile number ............

Bramble

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 09:40:24 AM »

If you speak to the Company they may change their delivery options.  This happened to me and the Company had been unaware that there was hassle ........... they then altered their choice of carrier.

Scampi

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »

Open University used to use Royal Mail for delivering materials and there were no problems.  Then they switched to some tin-pot 'man in a van' service - nightmare!! Couldn't get them to leave a parcel without a signature, they only delivered between 9am and 4pm Mon to Fri (!!!) and had no option of you to collect a parcel yourself!  After many complaints from students, OU changed to DHL - at first, all deliveries had to be signed for.  I was desparately hoping a delivery would turn up as I wanted to take my next course book on holiday with me - on-line tracking said it would be delivered on a certain day, so I made sure there was someone in all day to sign for it - it snowed, so the delivery didn't make it.  The on-line tracking system said my parcel was at the depot awaiting collection, or I could ring and arrange another delivery, so I decided to call in a collect it the following morning (Saturday) as we set off on holiday.  Turned up at the depot and, after much searching and head-scratching, the guy on the collection desk looked up the tracking number of my parcel - to find someone had decided to stick it on a van to deliver that day!!!  Dashed back home to find the 'sorry we missed you' card!!!   Aaarrgghhhhh!!!  After numerous more complaints, OU changed their contract with DHL to allow deliveries without signatures - harmony was finally restored!
Pages: 1 [2]