Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Apparently.........I'm too intense  (Read 9519 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Apparently.........I'm too intense
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 12:56:20 PM »

Has your Mum had an assessment by Social Services?  There maybe an old peoples' day care centre or club that she could go to.  She may well resist but then you can stop worrying a bit about her being on her own.  As for the remote in her hand that she thought was the 'phone, I've done that too  ::)

Get the VA sorted.  Ask your Practice Nurse for a chat about the beneifits of both products.  Does your husband talk to you these days?  Sleeping alone may be OK but ignoring his needs layers on the guilt - been there etc.  ::)

:bighug:

groundhog

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 01:49:49 PM »

Hi CLKD - yes she has had an assessment.  The day centres tend to be for dementia patients which she doesn't have.  Plus at 74 they think she is too young - she wants stimulating company.  There are luncheon clubs but she is not physically able enough plus I would have to take her and pick her up which defeats the object.  I don't know - I think if I wasn't so down and depressed I wouldn't see it as such a problem. 
My husband and I seem to beat permanent war.  Any problem now is magnified by me and he can't cope.  We do talk sometimes but we also shout a lot which helps no one.  I am irritable and over react to everything which makes things worse.  He's not perfect mind!  His way if coping is to work work and work so when he is here he is exhausted.
Enough moaning from me!  Thank you for your reply it does help to talk and I know you understand what I am going through
Thanks again xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »

74 years young.  How about a Church group, someone may be able to fetch and carry your Mum?  Have a look in the local papers which may have coach companies running day trips: Mum goes on several of those a year.  WI?  Mothers Union ......... Messy Church?  ;)

dylan

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »

how anyone , could have the ardasity, to say you are , too intense , after reading , what you have to put up , with , is rediculas , it really is :( tell them , their , is only so , much one person , can do with out haveing , a nervous break down  :'(
Pages: 1 [2]