Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety surge ?  (Read 8715 times)

jo61

Re: Anxiety surge ?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 11:23:24 AM »

Silverlady Thankyou, I am amazed how you give us these fantastic links so interesting ,going off topic I have also read there is a connection with the need for estrogen  post surgery so obviously if it is lowered in menopause it takes a longer  time to recover. I have been in a desperate state since surgery, I have just got myself together and now I have to face the same surgery asap don't know if I can do it .I am not in a physical or mental state to cope with it yet.

Rowan

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 12:20:56 PM »

You are right jo61 for the need for  estrogen after surgery during menopause, especially, hysterectomy etc,

Stress and surgery deplete estrogen.

I don't what your surgery was for, but I think its always wise to see you doctor if you are due another op and explain how unwell you are feeling at  the prospect of more surgery.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 01:08:20 PM »

Low blood sugar?  This can cause sudden anxiety surges  >:( ........ how is your diet generally?

Claireylou

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2013, 01:16:00 PM »

Hi there CLKD,

My diet is very healthy because I have ibs-c. Although since I started on this journey my appetite has decreased quite a bit. No interest in food at all.

Best wishes

Claire xxx

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 03:40:29 PM »

Have you thought about grazing?  It worked for me.  Meant that I wasn't liable to sudden dips in blood sugar, I had to learn to eat before my body felt hungry  ::)  ............

Claireylou

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 04:45:59 PM »

CLKD that sounds interesting. What sort of things would you suggest I graze on ? Xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 05:08:13 PM »

Hi claireylou

The symptoms you describe could be due to your fluctuating hormones - which they will be doing if you have missed a period. Have you read the article on the peri-menopause on this site?
It's here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

You may have experienced a sudden fall in progesterone and maybe oestrogen which could make you feel like this.

The hangover feeling, woolly head and sickly headache happened to me increasingly as I was leading up to menopause and always was 3 days or so before a period. I also got this feeling when I was on a particualr HRT type, when I stopped the progesterone part. It was horrible - and often developed into a migraine but hangover is the best way to describe it. Also intolerance of light and sound. The headache wasn't always bad but all the other symptoms were there.

Also leading up to peri I used to get sudden episodes of extreme low blood sugar and other friends have reported this - again I think this is linked to sudden fall in progesterone too. For me it didn't happen at night but I can imagine it would make you feel very weird if it did - so as CLKD says also keep your blood sugar levels up at this time and eat low GI  foods - ones that release energy slowly.

Hope this helps
Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 06:34:41 PM »

I graze on:

bananas
dried fruits and nuts
small cartons of dry corn flakes/the sugary ones with the Tiger  ::)/cocopops (handy whilst travelling)
Dextrose tablets
Rich T -type biscuits
Breakfast bars ..........
Pots of Ambrosia rice pudding

the trick for me is to eat before my body feels hungry.  The idea is not to eat more than you would usually do but spread the food across 24 hours, yep: even in the night.  When you get up for a bathroom visit, have a dry biscuit before going back to sleep.

Claireylou

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2013, 06:36:37 PM »

Hi Hurdity,

Another very informative post from you, thank you.  I'll have a read of that link for sure. It does seem to be hormonal because when I woke this morning I've started the brown spotting. My blooming head feels like a pressure cooker. Im quite scared to be honest.

Many thanks,

Claire xxx

Claireylou

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 06:38:19 PM »

CLKD,

Sound advice, thank you. Will do a little shop for my "graze" stuff tomorrow  ;D xxx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 06:58:14 PM »

It can be scarey this meno lark  >:( ............  :hug:
Pages: 1 [2]